Billing FAQs

Version 1

How can I cancel my Standard DNS service?

In order to cancel Dyn Standard DNS please do the following…

-Login to your account on https://account.dyn.com/
    -Click on ‘My Services’
    -Click on 'Domain Names, Email hosting and Domain Registration’
    -Click on ‘Dyn Standard DNS service’
    -Click ‘Cancel Service’

If this is done within 30 days of purchase, you will receive a refund.

Please allow 48 hours for your refund to be processed. Once your refund reaches the payment issuer, it is at their discretion as to how long it will take for the funds to post back into your account.

How can I cancel my Remote Access/DNS Pro service?

To cancel and obtain a refund for your Dynamic DNS Pro service, please follow these steps: If you are sure you would like to cancel Dyn DNS PRO/Remote Access please do the following…

-Login to your account here https://account.dyn.com/entrance/
    -Click on ‘My Services’
    -Click on ‘DynDns Pro Hosts’
    -Click Cancel

If this is done within 30 days of purchase, you will receive a refund.

Please allow 48 hours for your refund to be processed. Once your refund reaches the payment issuer, it is at their discretion as to how long it will take for the funds to post back into your account.

How can I change/cancel/modify my Auto-Renew settings?

If you need to modify/make changes your auto renewal settings, please do the following:

1. Login to your account at https://account.dyn.com/
    2. Click on ‘Billing’
    3. Click on ‘Auto Renew Settings’
    4. Click on either link from the Payment Method or Option columns
    5. Select the ‘Disable Auto Renew’ bubble
    6. Click Save Settings

Please note that Dyn does not initiate automatic renewals on customer accounts without customer consent. If you are using Paypal, your Paypal account information may have defaulted to auto renewal when you made a payment on the account previously.

I did not initiate Auto Renewal for my services, what happened?

Please note that Dyn does not initiate automatic renewals on customer accounts without customer consent. If you are using Paypal, your Paypal account information may have defaulted to auto renewal when you made a payment on the account previously.

I have questions about the expiration of service email you sent me.

We always send out expiration notices even with auto-renew enabled so you may ensure your billing is up to date. If you are confident your credit card on file is up to date you may ignore the notice and the system will auto-renew if auto-renewal was setup.

If you would like to review or update your credit card on file or auto renewal settings, please review the below:

-Login to Dyn.com
    -Select ‘Billing’
    -Select 'Billing Profile’
    -- Choose Add, Edit, or delete

In order to setup or confirm your Auto-Renewal please complete the following steps:

-Login to your account at Dyn.com
    -Select ‘Billing’
    -Select ‘Auto Renew Settings’

-Add or Review The service title, the date of renewal and the card on file are all accurate.

Why am I getting a generic failed payment notification?

Your credit card is showing a generic decline message. You may need to contact your bank and resolve the issue before renewing, or use another method of payment.

Please ensure that any proxies or VPNs are disabled while attempting to make a purchase, please also check if your browser has scripting enabled and is up to date. Also, you can attempt to use a different network, or device while making a payment.

How can I edit my billing details?

To edit your payment methods on file...

-Login to your account at Dyn.com
    -On the left panel, click 'Billing'
    -On the left panel, click 'Billing Profile'
    -If there are no credit cards on file, click 'Add Credit Card'
    -To edit an existing card click 'edit' to the left of the card you wish to modify
    -To delete an existing card click 'delete' to the left of the card you wish to remove

How can I view an invoice?

In order to view an invoice for a particular transaction please do the following

-Login to Dyn.com

-Click on 'My Account’

-Click on ‘Billing’

-Click on 'Active Services’

-Click on "Details' of the account you want an invoice from

-Click on the invoice

How can I renew my services?

To renew your services..

1. Log into your account at Dyn.com

2. Click ‘Renew Services’ from the list under Billing in the center of the screen,

3. If the message “You have no services expiring soon.” shows on the screen. Click the link to ‘View All Services’.

4. Check the boxes for the services you want to renew.

5. Select the services you want to renew and the length of the renewal. You can select 1 or 2 years.(You can add additional years when you get to the check out).

6. Click ‘Add Renewals to Cart’

7. Review your purchase, add/take away years/months of renewal.

8. Click "Proceed to Checkout."

What are acceptable Payment Methods?

You can view a list of the accepted payment methods here: https://dyn.com/payment-option

Can you send me an invoice with my VAT number?

Our invoices use the address given in the billing profile (card details) and cannot be changed once charged.

If you wish for a different address you must change your billing profile in My Account > Billing > Billing profile and vouchers. The card details must match that with the card issuer for a payment to complete successfully.

If you wish to enter a tax number, or VAT number for your company, we suggest entering it in the 'Company Name' section.

You can access your invoices by doing the following:

- Go to My Account > Billing > Order History
    - Click "View"
    - If you require a printable version click "Printable Invoice" at the top right.

How should Phone numbers be formatted when entering credit card details?

Please format your phone number as follows:

+XXX.XXXXXXXXXX

The "+XXX." Is the international country code and the remainder is a standard phone number.

Please make sure you have selected the correct country from the drop down menu, as having an incorrect country selected can cause the system to reject the phone number.

Why was auto renew initiated?

When service is initiated, automatic payment is enabled by default to ensure our customers don't have unintentional lapses in service, if you don't wish to use automatic renewal, you have to manually turn off this option. Please note that Automatic Renewal occurs 6 days before your service expiration date to provide our customers time to adjust their payment information if a transaction is unsuccessful.

I want to pay with PayPal, how can my billing info to be reflected on the invoice?

When a payment is made by PayPal, your billing information is intentionally hidden from the merchant, which affects how the invoice is displayed. If you require specific information on your invoice, you will need to pay by credit card. Please note that after an invoice is generated, it is not possible to edit the information that appears on it.

How can I sync my service expiration dates?

You can use our "Sync Expirations" service. You can locate this be doing the following:

-Click "My Services" on the far left.

-On the left drop down menu, the second item from the bottom is "Sync Expirations"

-This will add items to your "Cart" which will align the billing cycles for your services.

I initiated a Chargeback/PayPal investigation, why haven’t I been refunded yet?

Opening a chargeback/PayPal investigation will prevent your refund as part of fraud investigation process.

Please note that any Chargeback or PayPal investigation action taken on an invoice will take precedence over refunds for that invoice and may result in a cancellation of your refund.  If you have previously initiated a chargeback or PayPal investigation, and do not receive your refund; please reach back out for further action by email to billing@dyn.com