Congratulations to our September 2019 user of the month, Nicole Apostola! Nicole is an incredibly active community member, providing insightful feedback and helpful solutions to community peers. Nicole was recognized as one of our Most Valued Contributors (MVCs) for both the 2018 and 2019 years (way to go!). She is a wonderful asset to the My Oracle Support Community and we want to thank her for all of her contributions. We look forward to seeing Nicole's continued success in MOSC, keep up the great work!
Q: How often do you visit the community (i.e. daily, once per week, a few times per month)?
A: Daily. I subscribe to emails in the subspaces I’m most interested in and visit threads based on those emails.
Q: What are the top MOSC subspaces you visit in the community?
- Payroll for NA and Time & Labor - PSFT (MOSC) – Payroll for North America is (as I fondly like to say) the most important module in PeopleSoft HCM!
- Human Resources & ELM - PSFT (MOSC)
- PeopleTools - PSFT (MOSC) – I mostly come here for the reporting topics, and I love helping with the occasional nVision issue.
Q: How do you find the community to be helpful?
A: It never ceases to amaze me how many knowledgeable and experienced colleagues take time out of their day to give thoughtful responses to questions.
I love the Ideas space. It’s a good method to let product teams know what we as the customers would like to see, but I love seeing how customers help enhance and refine the ideas of others and provide workarounds and guidance as well.
Q: What are some of your favorite activities to do when not working?
A: Knitting, reading, hiking, and volunteering at a soup kitchen.
Q: If you could have dinner with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
A: Marie-Anne Paulze Lavoisier, who was a pioneering scientist/artist/translator. She essentially helped her husband, the much more famous Antoine Lavoisier, discover oxygen and invent chemistry as we now know it! She’s a remarkable person and a heroine and role model to women everywhere. (Also, I suspect she could give me some great hair tips!)
Q: What are three words you would use to describe the My Oracle Support Community?
- Informative – Participants have a wide breadth of knowledge and experience (and I even learn things from the questions people ask!). Not all of us work in a space with other analysts or developers in our product area; not all of us are able to attend numerous conferences a year; but MOSC provides us a place to share and learn.
- Dynamic – In the Payroll and HR space, there have been many regulatory changes over the past few years, and will be for years to come. I appreciate the input of those on the customer and Oracle sides who have questions and answers about implementing solutions to new legal requirements.
- Underused – There are plenty of PeopleSoft customers who have a long usage/maturity with HCM – I’d love to see folks share more best practices!