A list of developer-facing new features, significant recent changes, and platform notices for Oracle Eloqua release 20B.
- We've added new API endpoints to enable you to archive and unarchive forms programmatically. Archiving forms enables you to hide older forms from search, choosers, and newer marketing activities. Forms in archive can still accept form submissions, but cannot be edited, copied or used in new campaigns or content.
The Update a form endpoints will have new validation to prevent updating archived forms, and we've also made changes to the Retrieve a list of forms endpoints. Retrieve a list of forms endpoint will only return unarchived forms by default. Two new URL parameters will be available with the Retrieve a list of forms endpoint:
includeArchived, which will enable filtering results on the archived state.
- We've added a new activity field named
FormSubmitSavedId. This field is available when creating an activity export definition for form submit activity types. This new activity field enables you to include the identifier of when form submissions were saved in your form submit activity reports, so you can export form submit activities periodically without missing any.
The syntax is:
When export data is retrieved, the
FormSubmitSavedId will be populated with the unique identifier for when the form submission was saved.
App Developer Framework
- Resolved an issue related to receiving content from an app to improve consistency of content services.
- If the current access token has not been used, submitting a request to authenticate with the previous refresh token will now return the existing new access token and refresh token. This update alleviates the need to have to reinstall an app if there is a server error during token refresh.
- Resolved an issue where it was possible to create custom object export definitions that included a contact lead scoring field, even though contact lead scoring fields are not supported in custom object exports, and the sync would always fail. Now, creating a custom object export definition that includes a contact lead scoring field will result in a 400 validation error.
- We've added a new, more detailed error message for 500 error responses to Bulk API requests. The new error response indicates the type of error, error severity, and when users should retry the request.
error: Describes the type of error.
errorSeverity: The severity of the error ranging from 3, 2, 1, and 0. 0 being the highest.
Retry-After: Based on the error severity, indicates in seconds when the request should be retried.
This new error message provides Bulk API users with more information regarding failed requests, and guidance on when to retry requests.
For more information, see the product notice.
- In certain cases where an export sync attempt fails but Eloqua will retry, Eloqua will now return a message indicating Eloqua will retry the sync. The new status code ELQ-00145 indicates your sync will be retried, and the
messageindicates when Eloqua will retry the sync. For more information, see the product notice.
- With the arrival of Eloqua release 20D (Nov 2020), we will begin applying a new retention policy on Bulk API syncs, including sync logs and rejects, that are older than one year. This new retention policy will continue to be applied from 20D onwards. For more information, see the product notice.
Documentation enhancements of note
- Added a list of search terms per endpoint to the Using the search URL parameter tutorial, to provide guidance on which terms to use when searching using the Application API.
For additional information and examples, refer to the Oracle Eloqua Developer Changelog.
To learn more about recent and upcoming Oracle Eloqua release rollouts, including rollout dates, user-facing features, and product notices, visit the Oracle Eloqua Release Center.