Oracle Database Developer Choice Awards FAQ

Version 10

Oracle Database Developer Choice Awards

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTONS

What are the Oracle Database Developer Choice Awards?

The Oracle Developer Choice Awards recognize the leadership and expert contributions of individuals to the Oracle Database developer community. They are called "Developer Choice" awards, because the winners are chosen by popular vote from a group of finalists.

Panels of expert judges will select finalists from the pool of eligible nominees based on their respective community contributions. Those selected finalists will be listed on an Awards voting page where OTN members can vote for their favorites.

The Awards nominations period will open on June 21, 2015. Voting closes on October 15, 2015. Winners will be announced at the YesSQL! event at Oracle OpenWorld 2015.

Is this a worldwide award?

Yes, any person that is a member of the Oracle Technology Network community may participate either by nominating or voting.

How do I enter or make a nomination for an award? (Nominations have closed)

You can nominate yourself or a fellow community member on the Oracle Database Developer Choice Awards page.

Voting will open on September 15, 2015 for finalists chosen by the panel of judges, so be sure to follow this Space on the community platform to be notified when voting is open.

If I cannot attend the Awards Ceremony at Oracle OpenWorld, can I still win?

Yes, Winners will be notified in early October. Those who are attending Oracle OpenWorld will be special guests at the YesSQL! Celebration event. Winners who cannot attend will be given mention during that program.

How many finalists will be announced in each category?

Up to three winners will be chosen in each category. An individual can be a winner in more than one category.

What are the Awards categories?

The 2015 Oracle Database Developer Choice Awards will be made for the following technology areas:

• SQL
    • PL/SQL
    • Oracle REST Data Services
    • Oracle Application Express
    • Database Design

How many people can I nominate?

You can submit multiple nominations, and you can nominate the same person for more than one category.

What is the criteria for a winning entry?

Criteria used by the panels to determine the finalists include but are not limited to presenting at Oracle sponsored events, presenting at Oracle User Group events, participating in the Oracle Community Platform, authoring a book or publishing other material such as creating and delivering training curriculum, publishing articles, and writing blogs.

What information should I include in the nomination?

You should include any information that will help the judges during their selection process and the community when they vote to evaluate your nominee's contributions. The nomination form allows you to include html links, please only include public links that are not restricted and to content that is in english.