By Bjoern Rost
Puppet is a popular open source configuration management tool that is used by many organizations to automate the setup and configuration of servers and virtual machines. Solaris 11.2 includes native support for puppet and extends the resources that can be managed to Solaris specific things like zones and ZFS. This presentation will give system administrators that are new to puppet an introduction and a way to get started with automating the configuration of Oracle Linux and Oracle Solaris systems, talk about how puppet integrates with version control and other projects and look at the Solaris specific resource types.
- Automate Your Oracle Solaris 11 and Linux Deployments with Puppet Presentation [PDF]
- Automate Your Oracle Solaris 11 and Linux Deployments with Puppet Q&A Transcript [PDF]
- Automate Your Oracle Solaris 11 and Linux Deployments with Puppet Session Resources
- OTN VTS Systems Track
- Oracle Optimized Data Center Solutions
- Operating Systems | Training | Oracle