As of Java 7, OpenJDK is the Reference Implementation (RI) for Java. In essence, the OpenJDK is the Java we use every day! With legal and technical barriers become smaller every day, it is now more possible than ever to get involved in the language and VM that we all love.
Many individuals, JUGs and organisations, see Who Is Adopting OpenJDK
You can participate in the programme via:
- Visiting the Adoption Group Page
- Joining the adoption-discuss mailing list
- Joining us on the IRC: #adoptopenjdk channel on irc.freenode.net
- Follow us on Twitter: @adoptopenjdk (Also follow the #adoptopenjdk hash tag)
- Read the weekly (News)paper: http://paper.li/adoptopenjdk/1370465075 (subscribe)
- Join the Google+ Community
- Peruse and join our Adopt OpenJDK GitHub Projects
- Peruse and join our Adopt OpenJDK Bitbucket Projects
- See our / affiliate projects building nightly Cloudbees Jenkins CI Server
- Go over the Getting Started Guide and Intermediate & Advance experiences document - ideal resource to refer to before attending hackdays and hands-on events. Also a good one-stop point for materials for organisers of such events.
- NOTE: For some contributions you need to sign an Oracle Contributor Agreement. See Legal Steps
NOTE: See Adopt OpenJDK Etiquette for our community rules
Future Events (as of the 2nd of November 2013)
We have several exciting projects on the go including but not limited to:
- Building OpenJDK - Build Java itself! ****
- Test Fests - Write tests and improve the quality of Java!
- Testing Java - Help get 100's of projects get ready for Java 8/9
- Milling Project Coin - Help test some project coin tweaks in Java 9
- Betterrev - Improve the patch submission, build and test of Java
- Javacountdown - Ensure the world is using the safest Java!
- Lambda Tutorials - Learn all about Lambas in Java 8!
There are Plenty of other projects, see What to work on for OpenJDK
We have lots of hands on coding projects, see our repositories at:
Email the Adopt OpenJDK group to sign-up to a project and/or an event.