By Josh Dorr, Jacob Lindholm, and Chris Kasso, all part of the Oracle WebLogic Team
WebLogic 12.2.1 includes support for Zero Downtime Patching, providing the ability to roll out out a newly patched Oracle Home across a domain or cluster without downtime -- all initiated via WLST or the WebLogic Console. In this session we will explore the various types of roll-outs Weblogic supports including Oracle Homes, JDKs, applications as well as the ability to simply perform a rolling restart across a domain or cluster. The session will also cover how failures during the rollout are automatically handled and how session incompatibility does not prevent a zero downtime roll out of a new application version.
- Introduction to WebLogic Server Zero Down-Time Patching [PDF]
- OTN Middleware Resource Community Space
- Oracle Middleware Training
- Oracle Cloud Learning Subscriptions
- Additional WebLogic 12.2.1 Resources