The Premier Dating Website For Dinosaurs
a.k.a., Learning Platform for Scripting Language Developers to Leverage Oracle Database
We hope you’ll have fun just looking around the application and exploring the code “behind the scenes”. But we’ve also provided “direct” access to the code comparing minimal database reliance to maximum leveraging of database features. Just look for the gears icon shown below and then select the approach.
Some functionality is only available to the admin user such as:
- Broadcast a message to all users
- Generate random user accounts
To access these functions, log in as email@example.com using any password.
DinoDate provides examples of accessing Oracle Database features from multiple languages. Each language shares a common AngularJS client and produces the same Restful API. The below diagram shows the basic structure of the application.
Free Oracle client libraries: Oracle Instant Client
Other Developer Resources
- The Oracle Developer Advocates Team
- @ghrd and blogs.oracle.com/opal - Christopher Jones on drivers and development
- VirtualBox - Desktop virtualization
- Database App Development VM - Prebuilt VirtualBox VM with Oracle Database 12c installedhttps://community.oracle.com/docs/DOC-917690:
- Oracle Database "XE" Express Edition - Free database for Linux and Windows
- Oracle Linux - Free public yum server
- Oracle Database 12c Application Development - More great technologies