We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Marketing Effectiveness Manager will be responsible for supporting our overall marketing scorecard and reporting across critical Marketing KPIs and reporting in general through interlocks across our marketing infrastructure. Critical to this role is thoughtful analysis of our reports to draw insights that can be used in key decision making around our marketing planning, resourcing and delivery process.
This role will work closely with internal groups including peers within the Marketing Operations team, Marketing Automation teams, Marketing Analytics, Regional Marketing, Proposition Marketing, Sales and Business Intelligence to outline reporting requirements that meet our needs and help deliver optimization in our campaign processes.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Complete analysis on marketing programs on key metrics such as growth, retention, attrition, reactivation, and promotion response.
- Provide post-event analysis of marketing campaigns.
- Recommend and implement changes to improve the return on investment and profitability of future campaigns.
- Assist marketing managers in answering key questions by translating analytic data into actionable information and recommending a course of action.
- Partner closely with our colleagues in Finance to insure there is complete alignment across our reporting and theirs
- Partner with business (i.e. Marketing Council, Finance partners, GTM leaders, etc.) on the development of ad hoc business analysis and recommendations to influence future marketing initiatives
- Ad hoc analysis, report generation and/or special project work as required.
- Constant curiosity into our data to deliver reporting that will drive continual improvements in how we deliver our marketing plans and processes
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, in highly matrixed organization, with skill, attention to detail, tenacity, and a focus on results.
- Seek opportunities for process improvement across the Marketing Effectiveness group
Education and Experience:
- University degree in business or marketing related field. MBA preferred.
- Extensive experience
- Highly proficient with reporting and data analysis, managing reporting requirements, dashboard builds
- Direct experience in marketing or demand generation fields
- Strong CRM (SFDC preferred), and Marketing Automation (Eloqua preferred) experience
- Demonstrated experience with Tableau a plus
- Proven experience navigating complex global and matrixed businesses
- Track record of engaging senior leadership and being a catalyst for change- Direct experience in the financial field or information industry a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong business processes acumen, especially in CRM and Marketing Automation environment
- Reporting – across salesforce.com, BO, Tableau
- Cross-functional collaboration / Influencing decisions
- Relationship builder
- Clear understanding of demand generation strategy
- Familiarity with marketing tools and infrastructure to support demand gen processes and lead flow
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Must be an individual with initiative and a solutions-orientation.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
This position will coordinate work across cross-functional teams and manages a team of direct reports
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.