- Position type: Full time
- Primary Location: Columbus, OH, US, or willing to relocate.
- To apply, send resume and cover letter to Sebastian.Castro@VertivCo.com and Merry.Sroufe@VertivCo.com.
About the Marketing Automation Specialist role:
The Marketing Automation Specialist is part of the marketing team for the Americas, and enables an effective promotion of the brand’s messages throughout the digital space. Possesses a deep domain knowledge of marketing automation, testing and analytics, and search engine optimization best practices; and uses this knowledge to drive improvements on programs and campaigns.
- Serves as the marketing automation expert for the Americas, programming multi-touch campaigns, and guiding the various marketing teams on the usage and capabilities of the marketing automation platform (Oracle Marketing Cloud/Eloqua). Guides web designers on lead generation processes, such as form conversion tracking.
- Promotes the creation of nurturing tracks for the company’s primary audiences, and interfaces with sales operations on lead management processes.
- Supports the process of interfacing marketing automation system to the sales CRM system. Familiarity with CRM systems and capable to provide insights to the marketing team based on data from CRM.
- Strong knowledge of segmentation and overall database management and how these can be used to effectively launch and sustain marketing campaigns and programs.
- Executes quality control of marketing campaigns and programs prior to launch, suggesting opportunities for improvement.
- Creates and implements a process to enable database optimization, avoid data base decay, and best practices for increasing the number of reachable contacts.
- Educates the marketing team on SEO and website optimization, implements best practices that enhance on-site SEO and promotes strategies for off-site SEO.
- Provides guidance on strategy, tactics and vehicles for marketing programs and campaigns.
- Drives the process of gathering and analyzing key performance indicators of the digital marketing efforts. Reports findings to marketers and upper management.
Must have a BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in marketing, journalism, web design or a related discipline in a marketing environment. Four or more years of experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Oracle Marketing Cloud (Eloqua) or similar marketing automation system. Certifications from the vendor are desired.
- Hands-on experience on lead generation programs and campaigns. Has used CRM systems in the past and is familiar with objects and entities used in a B2B CRM system (accounts, contacts, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge on search engine optimization, with certifications preferable.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Capable of mentoring and educating other marketers on best practices.
- Experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and/or web analytics.
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through testing and optimization.
- Working knowledge of email marketing best practices, such as deliverability, testing and optimization.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English language.
- Strong experience with web content management systems, preferably Episerver.
- Can organize multiple tasks and possesses strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude.
- Close attention to detail.
- Ability to perform most day to day duties without supervision.
- Strong team effort mentality.
About Vertiv - website: VertivCo.com
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup.
We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $4.4 billion in sales, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Vertiv. Explore them now and join our team of 19,000 employees in making the future of our customers’ business possible.
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.