The New York State Office of Information Technology Services is seeking a PeopleSoft HCM Functional Lead to assist in implementing Statewide mission critical PeopleSoft Applications including but not limited to Human Capital Management (HCM), Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS), New York Benefits Eligibility and Accounting System (NYBEAS) and New York State Electronic Personnel System (NYSTEP).
Planning is underway to define, design and build an Enterprise HRMS (Human Resource Management System) to transform NYS HR processes. The incumbent will be a key player in this initiative to transition NYS to an Enterprise HRMS (Human Resource Management System) Solution that leverages NYS owned PeopleSoft technology as well as HRMS best practices to transform NYS HRMS activities.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide functional expertise in the areas of business requirements, functional requirements, business process redesign, testing and transition planning.
• Collaborate with HRMS project stakeholders to identify recommendations for process improvements, overcome business and functional constraints, and resolve difficult operational issues.
• Translate business requirements into a best fit within the PeopleSoft 9.2 HCM application.
• Analyze the current business process, the business requirements, state/agency regulations and policies and collaborate with the respective stakeholders to streamline and standardize the business processes.
• Provide insight to the project team considering the agency HR office perspective as well as Business Services Center (BSC), Civil Service, Governor's Office of Employee Relations(GOER), and Division of Budget (DOB) perspectives.
• Assist in building partnerships with agencies and facilitate organizational change management.
• Facilitate clear, concise and direct communication; effectively communicate status of project details.
• Develop and maintain business process workflows, functional requirements documents, requirement traceability matrix, and use cases.
• Gather business objectives to perform analysis and transform them into fully defined business cases, business requirements and benefits realization.
• Lead and participate in all phases of testing including creation, documentation and execution of test plans, test scripts, and test scenarios.
• Participate in the development of a training plan and curriculum for the PeopleSoft applications.
• Work with the project management team to establish and monitor project tasks, risks and milestones.
• Act as a liaison between technical and functional teams.
• Collaborate with Project consultants as needed to successfully complete tasks.
• Foster and contribute to a culture grounded in people development, learning, problem solving, and teamwork.
• Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities.
• Seven (7) years or more of experience as a functional analyst/lead in PeopleSoft HCM - Core HR and Position Management.
• Five (5) years or more of the experience must have been working on a large PeopleSoft HCM implementation in a functional lead role, including designing, configuring and deploying PeopleSoft HCM system, conducting business process re-engineering and fit/gap analysis, acting as a liaison between technical and business teams, and documenting business requirements, functional requirements, application design and configurations, test plans, and scenarios.
• Two (2) years of hands on functional experience with Oracle PeopleSoft HCM version 9.2 in Core HR and Position Management.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Project Assistant (PeopleSoft HCM Functional Lead), Reference #18609, to the contact information below. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, and describe relevant experience for this position.
New York State Office of Information Technology Services
Attn: Dan Fitzgerald
Empire State Plaza,
Swan Street Building, Core 4
P.O. Box 2062
Albany, NY 12220