A re-engagement campaign is used to reach out to leads who have an interest, but their status was inactive. The goal of the re-engagement campaign is to find out how we can get the attention to our leads and have their preferences updated. We came up with the idea to build a re-engagement campaign because we must increase the relationship with our leads on our campaigns.
Our initiative is to make our leads update their preferences and get their attention in receiving emails.
Here is how you can build your re-engagement campaign:
- Get the Inactive Leads
- Create a filter for the people who have not opened an email within 12 months. We must build a campaign to ask them if they are still interested to receive any communication. By getting the appropriate subject line, body, and call-to-action, we can get their interest and attention.
- Design an effective email
- To get the attention of our leads, we must consider the user interface that they will be able to experience. The designed email should be readable and informative. It should be a mobile-friendly where the customer can easily view it on mobile.
- Conduct an A/B Testing
- After gathering all the leads and creation of emails, doing an A/B Testing on re-engagement may get the result of the best subject line, the content of the body, call to action and effectivity of design emails. The segment for the A/B testing will be 10% of the leads gathered. The interesting result is the ones with the higher engagement of leads.
- Build an effective Re-engagement Campaign
- After getting the results of the A/B Testing, we can now set a standard process in creating the re-engagement campaign. Getting the best subject line, the content of the body, call to action and effective design email may get a higher engagement of leads.
On taking the Eloqua Luminary Course, The Advanced Segmentation Course it helped me learn how I can target the leads that have inactive status. On this course, you will find out how you can pull contacts using forms, integrations, campaign canvas, etc. The correct target audience will help you to get accurate results on what are the interests and needs of your leads. I have you the “Sent any Email” filter criteria to target the contacts who receive an email for the last 12 months.
For the user interface of the email, you may take the course “MM: Designing Effective Emails”. I have learned that choosing the best fonts, colors, and usability & readability may result in getting a higher engagement of the contacts. The simpler and informative the design you make, it lets the leads feel that they have received a very important message and encourage them to the response.
Subject Line A: Don’t miss out on the latest updates!
Subject Line B: Time Is Running Out to Hear from Program Experts!
Lastly, the Personalizing Campaigns course helped me to identify the right message and target audience to be used on our re-engagement campaign.
As a result of A/B Testing, Email A has a short and informative subject line which has a 10.30% opened emails and Email B has a long descriptive subject line which has 9.9% opened emails. From this result, we found out that a simpler and informative subject line gets the attention of leads.
|Email A||Email B|
As of now, Our leads have updated their preferences because of the re-engagement campaign we have launched. We can now target our audience depending on their interests and needs.
Don’t miss out on the latest updates!