The Luminary courses and student guide have been immensely helpful for my overall understanding of Eloqua. There were classes I thought were unnecessary like Technology because I am not an Eloqua Administrator, but these classes helped me learn the backend processes of data integration and synchronization. This understanding allowed me to work effectively with Eloqua administrators to enable the LinkedIn Campaign Manager Cloud App and successfully automate lead creation from Eloqua to Salesforce.
But before I begin, a few thoughts about the LinkedIn Campaign Manager Cloud App
This is a brand new offering from LinkedIn; as such there are a few “kinks” and oversights from LinkedIn that need to be addressed:
- Cannot customize fields in Lead Gen forms.
- No field on the form for CASL or Double Opt-In countries to explicitly consent to receive future communications based on the action of submitting a form.
- Cannot test in a testing environment! We have been testing on live campaigns but in small amounts like $50 for a week-long campaign.
Leads from LinkedIn form submissions are not being properly managed due to lack of automation between Eloqua and LinkedIn resulting in missed leads from paid social ad campaigns. We can set up decision rules and upload these leads as external activities, but it would be more effective to act on these leads in real-time by automating the process using the LinkedIn Campaign Manager Cloud App.
Paid social enables us to reach a large target audience outside of our marketable contacts within the Eloqua database. Integrating the LinkedIn Cloud App we aim to achieve the following:
- Increase in leads that come from paid LinkedIn campaigns
- Decrease the time leads are generated to the time the sales team receives the lead
- Updating contact fields with the most up-to-date contact information attained from a LinkedIn profile.
- Download and install the LinkedIn Campaign Manager App (Client Admin rights)
- Configure the App. This was tricky for us because as an enterprise company we have multiple accounts for different paid campaigns. If this is your situation, you will need to create LinkedIn credentials for each account.
- Tip: it wasn't clear where to obtain the API Key and Secret and found this LinkedIn article to be helpful.
- Configuring the lead form. Since you will be pushing form data through to the Eloqua Form Submit App, it is important that you use fields on the LinkedIn Form that will map to the fields mandatory for pushing leads to your CRM. Here is a sample:
4. Configure the elements in the campaign canvas:
- LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms: configure the feeder with credentials, LinkedIn campaign, and field mapping data. Also, configure the frequency and end-date for the sync.
- Form Submit App: the data from the LinkedIn form will flow into the Form Submit App so it can be digested by Eloqua.
Here you will configure the feeder data from an Eloqua form designed to automatically push leads to the CRM. We use program builder for this and the decision rules are based on the form field data and processing steps are set to Add to Program Builder.
Don't forget to add a target step for errors!
- CASL and Double Opt-In compliance. Pushing the leads into a CRM does not concern e-mail compliance, but it does create a new contact to the Eloqua database that can be emailed. To address this, we add a decision step that compares contact fields of the form submitter based on country. If they are CASL or Double Opt-In then they get an e-mail thanking them and giving them the option to opt-in and then another to confirm.
Prior to using the LinkedIn Campaign Manager Cloud App, capturing leads from LinkedIn forms was an inefficient manual process which resulted in missed opportunities for conversion due to the time it took the form submission to reach a Lead Specialist. Now we have the ability to close the gap on the process with automation using the Cloud App in Eloqua. The second the form submission occurs on LinkedIn, the data flows into the campaign canvas and the lead goes through the outbound sync to Salesforce. Since testing, what once took a month, or more, to process now takes a few hours. Since implementing, we have had an increase in requests for campaigns using LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms and we look forward to using paid social ads as a new channel for lead generation opportunities.
- Engagement: App Cloud
- Technology: B2B System Integration. Helpful in understanding how data is pushed from Eloqua to CRM
- Conversion: B2B Advanced Editing and Form Processing