Skip navigation

Bring back the Inbox preview function

score 50
You have not voted. Active

The last or previous last version of the community platform provided a function that allowed to click on the Inbox counter to preview unread posts or notifications. It was also possible to right-click an object to open it in a new window and to read content without affecting the unread count. Below is an old screenshot:

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 9.19.45 AM.jpg

I find it very useful to be able to see what rolled into my Inbox without having to open a new browser tab/window and hence creating yet another instance of my Inbox. Although I can see what rolls in when responding to posts from the Inbox, it does not allow to open an object in a new window without reading the object first. This way I managed to accidentally erase the split Inbox screen many times trashing a response that I was working on without warning. Unlike opening a thread and using the standard or advanced editor, there is also no recovery option utilizing the Inbox.

Having lost the Inbox preview makes managing information more cumbersome, requires more windows to work with and increases the risk of loosing responses. Please bring it back.

P.S. Loosing responses is annoying - I use a Firefox add-on called "Textarea Cache" to be able to recover any text I was writing.

Comments

Vote history