Packaged Applications is an OTN Community space notionally dedicated to discussing the built-in demonstration and productivity applications included in the Oracle Application Express installation.
I suggest that this space is not serving any useful purpose and that it can be dropped/archived without having any impact on the APEX or wider OTN community. The grounds for this are:
- It attracts virtually no activity—as it stands on 5 April 2015 there have only been 44 threads in 7 years.
- The questions that are asked are not being usefully answered—9 threads out of 44 marked correct as of 5 April 2015.
- A significant proportion of the questions asked are off-topic and should have been directed to the general APEX forum.
- The nature of many of the questions require responses from the Oracle APEX development team which have rarely been forthcoming.
- A number of the questions are actually enhancement/feature requests that should be made via the APEX Feature Requests application.
- Questions about packaged apps are routinely asked and answered faster on the general APEX forum.
In summary, posts—whether on- or off-topic—to the Packaged Applications space would get a faster and more effective response if posted to the general APEX forum, where they would naturally be posted if the Packaged Applications space did not exist.