Dimitri is an active member of the Oracle Application Express community, and has most recently used that as a launch point into the new ORDS toolset. He routinely posts insights into Application Express on his blog at http://dgielis.blogspot.com; a collection of posts related to ORDS may be found at http://dgielis.blogspot.com/search?q=ORDS.
Dimitri is a frequent presenter at the Oracle Benelux User Group (OBUG), IOUG Collaborate, ODTUG Kscope, UKOUG, and Oracle OpenWorld, conferences. He is the recipient of several speaker awards and is an Oracle ACE Director (2008). He received the APEX Developer of the Year award from Oracle Magazine in 2009.
From the very first moment (end of 2009) that the APEX Listener / ORDS became available, Dimitri not only started to use it, but also began to present on this exciting new technology (example: a post from 2010 http://dgielis.blogspot.be/2010/02/apex-listener-ea2-with-native-excel.html). As an early adopter, he saw many advantages for its use, both within and outside of APEX. After offering a number of sessions at conferences dedicated to educating users on the architecture and broad use cases of ORDS, Dimitri has more recently shifted to exploring practical applications of ORDS, especially combined with JSON (see interview with Bob Rhubart at https://community.oracle.com/community/database/developer-tools/application_express/blog/2015/05/18/working-with-json-and-apex-dimitri-gielis-video). He has even come up with a presentation on wearable technology that uses ORDS to push sensor data into Oracle Database!
Dimitri now integrates use of ORDS into most client engagements and product development, especially APEX Office Print (https://www.apexofficeprint.com), a commercial service that leverages many ORDS features.
Here are links to various presentations and blog posts regarding APEX Listener/ORDS:
- "Moving to the APEX Listener" at OGh - Netherlands - March 2012 https://www.ogh.nl/artikel.aspx?id=244
- ODTUG KScope - June 2012 http://www.odtug.com/p/bl/et/blogaid=9
- LA OTN Tour: Uruguay, Brasil and Chile
- August 2012 http://www.uyoug.org.uy/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95:present-otn-day-mvd-2012&catid=55:presentaicones&Itemid=78
- Oracle Open World - September 2012 (looks like the OOW schedule is not there anymore for 2012)
- UKOUG - December 2012 http://2012.ukoug.org/default.asp?p=9339&dlgact=shwprs&prs_prsid=7046&day_dayid=62
- Blog posts on the APEX Listener (now ORDS) here: http://dgielis.blogspot.be/search?q=apex+listener
- Articles about ORDS for the OGh magazine (Netherlands) called OGh Visie. (https://www.ogh.nl/artikel.aspx?id=252)
OTN Community Name: Dimitri Gielis
How to Vote
This person has been selected by a panel of (mostly) ACE judges to be a finalist for the Oracle Database Developer Choice Award.
Winners are chosen by popular vote: the top vote-getters will be announced as winners at the YesSQL event at Oracle Open World 2015.
If you think a person should win the Developer Choice Award, vote her or him up.
You can vote for as many of the finalists as you feel are deserving of the award.
By voting for this finalist, you confirm that you have read the rules and that you are eligible to vote.
If you would like to explain why you are voting this finalist up, you are welcome to add a comment. We will, however, remove any negative comments.