This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2011 1:26 PM by bouye RSS

Manipulating Illustrator / Photoshop images on JavaFX 2.0 ?

901807 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi
I just want to know if it is possible to work with adobe images and to make a correct conversion with JavaFX Production Suite in the same way than version 1.3...
I tried to look for some hint in many forums and/or articles but I haven't found any information regarding this. The reason is that I have some projects that are using fxz/fxd files on them and the data manipulation is done with JavaFX Script. I have read that Scripting would be continued through Visage project, but I was wondering why nothing is being told related Images :(

I hope that somebody could answer this. I will really appreciate any given guideline.

Regards
  • 1. Re: Manipulating Illustrator / Photoshop images on JavaFX 2.0 ?
    MiPa Pro
    To my knowledge there is neither a production suite for JavaFX 2.0 nor are the mentioned file formats supported.
    But maybe you could describe your use case in a little bit more detail. Perharps there is an alternative.
  • 2. Re: Manipulating Illustrator / Photoshop images on JavaFX 2.0 ?
    901807 Newbie
    Thanks for the response MiPa.

What I have been doing is using JavaFX 1.3.1 with Netbeans 6.9.1 and basically, my projects were similar to the one in this link [http://wiki.netbeans.org/JavaFXComposerFXD]

now lets say that I want to manipulate fxz/fxd content, which is something like this:
    Group {
                   id: "backgroundD"
                   content: [
                        SVGPath {
                             fill: Color.rgb(0xcc,0xcc,0xcc)
                             stroke: Color.rgb(0x66,0x66,0x66)
                             strokeWidth: 1.0
                             content: "M118.49,172.81 C118.49,176.40 115.58,179.31 111.99,179.31 C108.40,179.31 105.49,176.40 105.49,172.81 C105.49,169.22 108.40,166.31 111.99,166.31 C115.58,166.31 118.49,169.22 118.49,172.81 Z "
                        }, ]
    }
    in other fx file, I make a reference to the fxz file:
        override public var fxzFile= "{__DIR__}image.fxz";
        override protected function contentLoaded() : Void {
            backgroundD = getNode("backgroundD");
        }
    and basically, I can manipulate groups and properties of the fxz/fxd image, setting animation, timers and so on.

Hope this information helps to get a better idea of what I was doing and what I am trying to achieve with JavaFX 2.0

Regards
  • 3. Re: Manipulating Illustrator / Photoshop images on JavaFX 2.0 ?
    MiPa Pro
    Aha, so basically you are dealing with some SVG content, then maybe this link
    https://github.com/skrb/SVGLoader
    may be helpful for you. I haven't tried it myself yet but perharps you can report
    whether this helped you.
    Michael
  • 4. Re: Manipulating Illustrator / Photoshop images on JavaFX 2.0 ?
    901807 Newbie
    Interesting, I will try it and let you know about my feedback

Thanks!
  • 5. Re: Manipulating Illustrator / Photoshop images on JavaFX 2.0 ?
    bouye Journeyer
    I asked that to Greg Brown at the end of his Introducing FXML session during JavaOne 2011 but either he did not understood (I had to repeat twice) or he was not really aware of what the Production Suite and the self-contained capabilities of FXZ were.

I would certainly like to have export filters from Illustrator, Photoshop and SVG again, though I would prefer the FX API to support plain SVG it would make everyone's life easier.
  • 6. Re: Manipulating Illustrator / Photoshop images on JavaFX 2.0 ?
    885691 Pro
    I believe these are two separate questions. The original poster seemed to be asking if there is a Production Suite equivalent in JavaFX 2.0, or perhaps a way to convert FXD/FXZ to FXML. Unfortunately, there isn't, and I'm not aware of any plans to do so.

If I recall your question correctly, you wanted to know if there was an equivalent to the inline storage capability of FXZ files - there is not.

Greg
  • 7. Re: Manipulating Illustrator / Photoshop images on JavaFX 2.0 ?
    bouye Journeyer
    Actually I was intending to ask about both things, buth my english may not have been on its best during that day (and possibly we focused only on the topic of storage in FXML in the end). I remember that at least 2 other people asked other speakers (don't remember if it was asked to Richard Bair, Jasper Potts or someone else) about the existence of an equivalent to the FX 1.x Production Suite during the sessions I attended too, each time without a clear answer.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points