5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2011 12:56 AM by lunicon RSS

ODMS first steps

I download jdeveloper studio edition and install it in C:\Oracle\Middleware
      then I install weblogic instance using C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\common\bin\config.exe
      to C:\myproject\domains\myweblogic (for example)

Where I need to install ODMS ?
      I tried to install to folder C:\Oracle\Middleware\Mobile
      then edit DOMAIN_DIR=C:\myproject\domains\myweblogic
      in C:\Oracle\Middleware\Mobile\Mobile\Server\bin\runmobileserver.bat

but http://localhost:7001/webtogo result 404 not found.
      what am I doing wrong?

From the documentation I did not understand how to set variable ORACLE_HOME
      to C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\
      or C:\myproject\domains\myweblogic\

Server and SDK must be installed into different folders?
      c:\mobile_server and c:\mobile_server_sdk\ (maybe within c:\oracle)

online documentation/examples only on the previous version Database Lite 10.
      I'm sorry newbie and just started to understand
        • 1. Re: ODMS first steps

-online documentation/examples only on the previous version Database Lite 10.
          did you check the following?it is for 11g only

-for weblogic (from the documentation:)
          you should install Oracle Database Mobile Server into a new or existing Oracle Home. When you use OracleAS, WebLogic, or Glassfish as your middle-tier, install Oracle Database Mobile Server into the same Oracle Home where the application server is installed.

you do know that oracle lite doesnt require weblogic or another application server since it has its own, ofc people will say that weblogic is better than the standalone but since you are trying things out i would say go for the standalone app server which comes with olite than integrating it with weblogic
          • 2. Re: ODMS first steps
            Actually, the 11g version runs on glassfish as well. No standalone version. Glassfish is opensource and free I believe. Weblogic is probably more ideal in a clustered situation. So, if this is running on a single instance, I recommend Glassfish. You might be able to get away with running a load balancer and multiple instances of ODMS, but I haven't tested this out in the latest version. You could do this in the past even with the standalone environment.
            • 3. Re: ODMS first steps
              Thank you for your answers
              still have installation issue

very sad that there is no standalone version
              because the server installation on weblogic not a trivial task
              I need to investigate because it will be used in future.

when i install new weblogic domain from repwizard.bat
              ive got java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: weblogic.management.scripting.utils.WLSTInterpreter
              in C:\Oracle\Middleware\MobileServer11g1\Mobile\Server\populate.log

so i add this two lines to repwizard.bat
              if exist "C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\common\bin\commEnv.cmd" call "C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\common\bin\commEnv.cmd"
              using existing domain cause exception if you install adf components
              need to add some modules from C:\Oracle\Middleware\oracle_common\modules to classpath
              repository.log attached

now it is successfully istalled, but you can't login as admin (in wizard: "Enter password for user admin !")
              on Mobile Manager Login page http://localhost:7001/mobile/console/login.uix
              cause no such user, must use username=administrator!

still digging...

PS. I thought that the site/forum not working because in chrome browser:
              The website you are attempting to access is currently experiencing network connectivity errors.
              • 4. Re: ODMS first steps
                Answering to your question how to login to Mobile Manager (http://<host>:<port>/mobile):
                The user is "administrator".
                The password you must have defined during the installation of Mobile Server. For my ease I have defined the same password everywhere one was requested during the installation process.
                Hope you remind yours.
                • 5. Re: ODMS first steps
                  I think my topic is closed, tnks to Eric Jensen from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8079417/oracle-database-mobile-server-first-steps