This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2011 7:38 AM by snmdla RSS

Beehive enhancement of the day: define beectl ACLs tree-wise

snmdla Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
In my last beehive enhancement of the day I was propagating to re-add the OBEO sub folder sharing option which was present in beehive 1.5.

Another approach to solve the issue of administering access to resources is the beectl command line interface.

There is an enhancement request addressing this:

ER 12557949 (BEECTL COMMANDS RELATED TO ACE/ACL SHOULD OFFER A TREE OPTION)

As most of the enhancement requests updated in the last weeks, it has been rejected.

I you agree that being able to administer permissions tree-wise is a must in an enterprise collaboration platform like beehive, please join in and address your consent through Oracle support.

"Administrators can set up granular access controls to manage content security" (cited from "Oracle Beehive: A Flexible Collaboration Platform for the Enterprise") - why do they not enable us to administer permissions tree-wise?

Thanks, Tom

P.S. you're welcome to feed back or contribute to these "beehive enhancement of the day" series. Why not throw in an occasional "Yes indeed!" or a "Really? Unbelievable" ... Just proove that the beehive is humming and the beekeeper should take care.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points