This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 11:16 AM by user551641 RSS

SchemaExamples java error in JDeveloper 11g

user551641 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello all,

I put the Examples in Jdeveloper.

But I keep getting the error below:

D:\oracle\Middleware\jdk160_24\bin\javaw.exe -client -classpath C:\JDeveloper\mywork\Application1\.adf;C:\JDeveloper\mywork\Application1\NoSQL1\classes;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\gwt-servlet.jar;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\je.jar;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\jetty-continuation-7.4.0.v20110414.jar;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\jetty-http-7.4.0.v20110414.jar;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\jetty-io-7.4.0.v20110414.jar;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\jetty-security-7.4.0.v20110414.jar;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\jetty-server-7.4.0.v20110414.jar;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\jetty-servlet-7.4.0.v20110414.jar;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\jetty-util-7.4.0.v20110414.jar;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\jetty-webapp-7.4.0.v20110414.jar;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\jetty-xml-7.4.0.v20110414.jar;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\kvclient-1.1.100.jar;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\kvstore-1.1.100.jar;C:\Misc\kv-1.1.100\lib\servlet-api-2.5.jar -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:\Users\nl19856\AppData\Local\Temp\trustStore6084466024552981333.jks schema.SchemaExample
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: schema/SchemaExample
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: schema.SchemaExample
     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:305)
     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:246)
Exception in thread "main" Process exited with exit code 1.

I am obviously not a Java programmer but I hope there is someone with more experience.

regards Hans-Peter
  • 1. Re: SchemaExamples java error in JDeveloper 11g
    greybird Expert
    Your classpath isn't set correctly in JDeveloper. I suggest going through a JDeveloper tutorial for creating a Java project, to learn about the classpath, etc. Without this basic knowledge, you won't be able to modify and run any Java examples, including ours. So really the first step is to learn a little Java, and do a little experimentation separately, then post to this forum if you have specific questions about our examples.

--mark                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 2. Re: SchemaExamples java error in JDeveloper 11g
    Charles Lamb Pro
    Or, alternatively, just run the examples outside of JDeveloper.

Charles
  • 3. Re: SchemaExamples java error in JDeveloper 11g
    user551641 Newbie
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    But I have created a project in the past.
    Can you tell me what part of the classpath is incorrect?

I have added all the classes that come with NoSQL.

regards Hans-Peter
  • 4. Re: SchemaExamples java error in JDeveloper 11g
    greybird Expert
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: schema.SchemaExample
    This indicates that the example classes themselves are not in the classpath. These classes don't come with the package, you have to compile them. As Charlie said, see the instructions for doing it manually (without JDeveloper), to be sure you understand it.

--mark                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points