This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 11:36 AM by Oracle, Sandra Whitman RSS

Can't install bdbxml on Fedora? and have it work?

901833 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

This is following on from this: Error trying to import python dbxml package
And there is a similar thread here: Linking Problem

System: fedora15 x86_64

Initially I had everything working and it was going great. The python bindings even looked to be working. However, I then logged out of my root shell session and it all started going wrong:

1. The python bindings no longer worked
2. I could no longer start dbxml through /install/bin/dbxml even as the root user.
3. the whole thing stopped worked and put out lots of errors referring to the xerces .so object.

So I then tried to completely uninstall and reinstall again -- because obviously somtehing was not happy -- and I've got this error during the build process:

..../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `u_toupper_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_serialize_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_setSerializedToOne_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `u_charType_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_getSerializedRangeCount_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_close_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_fromUChars_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_toUnicode_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `u_init_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_fromUnicode_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `u_foldCase_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `u_tolower_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `UCNV_FROM_U_CALLBACK_STOP_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_close_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_getMinCharSize_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_getSerializedSet_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `UCNV_FROM_U_CALLBACK_SUBSTITUTE_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_open_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_setFromUCallBack_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_openU_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_openPatternOptions_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_getMaxCharSize_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_getSerializedRange_48'
.../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_toUChars_48'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [dbxml] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/dbxml-2.5.16/dbxml/build_unix'
make: *** [all] Error 2

So now it simply won't build!

Also trying to use the non-default (upgraded) versions of xerces or xqilla simply doesn't work because they don't have a particular function in them or something

Edited by: LondonAli on 30-Nov-2011 11:33
  • 1. Re: Can't install bdbxml on Fedora? and have it work?
    Oracle, Sandra Whitman Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hello,

It sounds like running buildall.sh did not resolve the unresolved symbols.
    Could something have gone wrong with the definition of
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH or equivalent environment variable used
    on the OS which the linker uses to resolve library dependencies?
    If you run:
    nm dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so
    and grep for the unreferenced symbols it should give a clue as
    to which library contains which symbols and you can verify if that
    is in your library path.

Let me know if that does not help.

Thanks,
    Sandra

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points