4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2011 11:56 AM by 887085 RSS

Can I connect one 3510 FC Array To Another one?

Excute me,I want to connect one 3510 FC Array To Another 3510 FC Array;
      I mean that I want to use a 3510 FC Array as a expansion unit,will the 3510 support doing this?

Thanks for taking the time and any help is greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Can I connect one 3510 FC Array To Another one?
          rukbat
          What have you seen when you read the 3510FC documentation?
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19487-01/index.html

You can Read The Fine Manuals (otherwise known as RTFM ) and easily determine whatever you may want to know. You can do that much faster than waiting for others to read them and get back to you to write a forum response. When you have the documentation for a product, you have speedy access to all the official guidance for it.
          • 2. Re: Can I connect one 3510 FC Array To Another one?
            I am sorry rukbat.

I know that most 8 expansion unit connect to 1 3510 FC array ;
            and a expansion unit can be converted into a 3510,
            so we want to know that if we can use 3510 just like a expansion unit.
            because we have two 3510, and there is only 2 fibire cable to connect the first FC array。

It seems strange~ uh ,but the requestion is confused me, and what i need is just a confirmation.

I'm sorry,every time i post the messages,you always respone me

However,Thanks for taking the time and any help is greatly appreciated.
            • 3. Re: Can I connect one 3510 FC Array To Another one?
              rukbat
              An array is an array. It has its own systemboard and needs to be connected in certain ways.
              An expansion unit is a "dumb" peripheral and requires an array upstream from it.

As mentioned in the first reply of this thread, go read the documentation. If it does describe multiple arrays in what you seem to describe as a serial chain of connectrions, then that would be an acceptable configuration. The docs may even mention any special that you must never do such a thing.

Go read the docs. I'm not going to read them for you.
              You could always just go try to connect them all together.
              I have no personal experience with those storage devices and I would only be making guesses.
              I would also not be responsible for any unexpected damage you might do if they're not ever supposed to be connected in such a fasion.

As also mentioned in replies to your earlier forum posts om other topics:
              Go contact Oracle support directly and get a proper answer.
              These forums are NOT techsupport.
              • 4. Re: Can I connect one 3510 FC Array To Another one?
                Thank you for your reply.
                The docs never mentions this usage。
                In my opinion,we can't do it in that way。
                I had create a service request & the engineer hadn't response me yet。
                so i just ask everybody about it。
                listen everyone's advice。

Where are u come from?:-)

I have to go to bed 。aha

Thank you again for your help~