This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 5, 2011 12:53 PM by carlos.manjarres RSS

Data Change Condition Expression

nagu Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I need to create a product specification that includes dependencies between order components based on a data change notification wait condition
How do I define the XQuery expression in the "Data Change Condition Expression" field?

Specifically, I have 4 order components in the product specification that are independent of each other but each order component can only start when a specific data element has a certain value. The data element is at the order level and is not available as an order line item property.

I would appreciate if someone from Oracle can provide a more detailed explanation of the fields in the "Product Specification Editor Dependencies Subtab" ->"Wait Condition subtab"
Relative Path
Data Change Condition Expression

Thanks,
~nagu.

Edited by: nagu on Dec 2, 2011 5:50 PM
  • 1. Re: Data Change Condition Expression
    carlos.manjarres Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Provide two pieces of information:
    1. Order Item Property
    2. Boolean XQuery expression returning fn:true() to fire the dependency.

For example:
    Assume you need to ensure all Provisioining items (From) must have reached the "PRODUCT STARTED" milestone , before the Billing Component Items (To) can start.
    Note From Component is also known as "blocking" while the To Component is known as "Waiter"

1. Data Change Notification property: milestone
    2. Data Change Condition Expression Xquery:

declare variable $blockingIndexes as xs:integer* external; (: list of From component items - index :)
    let $expectedMilestoneCode := "PROVISION STARTED"

(: extract milestones values from all provisioning function items matching the expected milestone value , only for the given From component :)
    let $milestoneValues := /GetOrder.Response/_root/ControlData/Functions/ProvisioningFunction/orderItem/orderItemRef[fn:index-of($blockingIndexes, xs:integer(@referencedIndex)) != 0]/milestone[text() eq $expectedMilestoneCode]

(: Return true only if ALL the milestones in the From component (ProvisioningFunction/orderItem/orderItemRef) are PROVISION STARTED :)
    return fn:count($milestoneValues) eq fn:count($blockingIndexes)

------

Carlos

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points