7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2011 11:34 AM by waynec RSS

AD Recon: Map same target attribute to multiple Recon fields?

waynec
      Is it possible to map the same target attribute to multiple recon fields in the "Lookup.ADReconciliation.FieldMap" lookup?

My specific scenario is that I need to use the AD userPrincipalName atribute in 2 places:

1) To populate userPrincipalName on the AD User process form
      2) Transformed to populate User ID attribute on the AD User process form, using transformation class and Lookup.ADReconciliation.TransformationMap definition.

So, in the Lookup.ADReconciliation.FieldMap lookup I have 2 entries for userPrincipalName mapped to userPrincipalName and User ID.

When I perform a target recon reconciliation, User ID is transformed and populated successfully, but userPrincipalName seems to be ignored and does not show up on the recon events in Reconciliation Manager.

Am I missing something here?
        • 1. Re: AD Recon: Map same target attribute to multiple Recon fields?
          waynec
          Upon further testing, it looks like you cannot map the same target resource attribute to more than one reconciliation field (at least for AD recons).

If you need to use a target attribute in more than one place on the process form....what is the workaround?
          • 2. Re: AD Recon: Map same target attribute to multiple Recon fields?
            Rajiv Dewan
            Did you try:

Option 1

Go to AD User Procss Defn > Reconciliation Field Mapping
            Delete mapping of User ID Field
            And Add Additional Mapping for userPrinicipleName with UD_ADUSER_UID also

Note: You will be having two mappings for userPrinicipleName > UD_ADUSER_UID and UD_ADUSER_USERPRINCIPALNAME
            Run Reconciliation

Option 2

Go to Resource Object AD User
            Add one more field say Test
            Add its mapping in the same Lookup with userPrincipalName
            Map that Test with AD User Process Form Field.

Let me know the results.

Edited by: Rajiv Dewan
            • 3. Re: AD Recon: Map same target attribute to multiple Recon fields?
              Sunny.Saxena
              I am not sure what you did but you can very well map the same target attribute to 2 reconciliation fields. Just modify the Code Key in the same lookup definition and you should be fine.

I did it with AD Recon without any issues.
              • 4. Re: AD Recon: Map same target attribute to multiple Recon fields?
                waynec
                @Dewan:

Option 1+
                Go to AD User Procss Defn > Reconciliation Field Mapping
                Delete mapping of User ID Field
                And Add Additional Mapping for userPrinicipleName with UD_ADUSER_UID also

In my case, this wouldn't work because in the case of the User ID, it needs to be a transformed version of the userPrincipalName

Option 2+
                Go to Resource Object AD User
                Add one more field say Test
                Add its mapping in the same Lookup with userPrincipalName
                Map that Test with AD User Process Form Field.

This did not seem to work for me.  If I have more than one mapping for userPrincipalName as the Code Key attribute in the Lookup.ADReconciliation.FieldMap, only one of those fields gets populated in the Reconciliation Data.  Is this maybe a "bug" in the AD connector that I'm using?
                • 5. Re: AD Recon: Map same target attribute to multiple Recon fields?
                  waynec
                  @Sunny
                  I'm not sure why it's not working then. I have userPrincipalName mapped as the Code Key in Lookup.ADReconciliation.FieldMap twice. Once to the userPrincipalName and a second mapping to UserID (which is a transform defined in Lookup.ADReconciliation.TransformationMap). When I run the reconciliation, only UserID is populated in the Reconciliation Data...UPN does not even show up on the recon event at all. When I changed the mapping of UserID to something else, so that UPN only appeared once in the Code Keys....everything was populated in the recon event just fine. Maybe there's a bug in the version of the AD connector I'm using?
                  • 6. Re: AD Recon: Map same target attribute to multiple Recon fields?
                    Rajiv Dewan
                    Option 1

What reconciliation are you using ?

Are you using User ID for Recon Rule ?

If NO then you can transform the data after insert into OIM DB.
                    • 7. Re: AD Recon: Map same target attribute to multiple Recon fields?
                      waynec
                      @Dewan

Option 1

What reconciliation are you using ?
                      Target resource recon

Are you using User ID for Recon Rule ?
                      Yes

If NO then you can transform the data after insert into OIM DB.

I actually found another workaround for this.  There was another attribute in AD that was not being recon'd, but could be used to to derive the UserID.  Basically, we got lucky :-)

Edited by: wcarson on Dec 16, 2011 9:34 AM