4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 5:48 AM by gimbal2 RSS

Small Application

Hi I am new to this blog.

I am just a begineer in jsp, I am looking for a small application using JSP technology.

Please share the link.
        • 1. Re: Small Application
          gimbal2
          Welcome. This is a user to user forum, not a blog. Biiiiiig difference. The "user to user" part means that everyone answering questions here is not in any way related to Oracle, they are just Java enthusiasts, just like you.
          I am just a begineer in jsp, I am looking for a small application using JSP technology.
          Let me guess, you are one of those people who believes they can learn by looking at someone else's code. You are very wrong, I can assure you. What you'll learn is how to copy/paste, not how stuff works. Especially in the case of the Java web platform,which is far from easy. I suggest you ask for advice and a good book the next time, I can even provide you a free one:

http://pdf.coreservlets.com/

Books just so happen to be crammed with examples, in between all that annoying text.

now for the advice part. Start with Servlets, just like the above book does. If you start with JSPs, you'll do it horribly wrong. A proper JSP has absolutely no Java code in it at all. To figure out how that works, read the above book! Good luck!
          • 2. Re: Small Application
            Dude I just want to know the flow of an application.
            Any way thanks for your advice.
            • 3. Re: Small Application
              rukbat
              It doesn't work that way.

You write code.
              You show us the code.
              Maybe someone will respond and help you make that code better.

That's how it works.
              • 4. Re: Small Application
                gimbal2
                902440 wrote:
                Dude I just want to know the flow of an application.
                Then why don't you SAY that!? My crystal ball is in the shop.
                Any way thanks for your advice.
                I'll repeat it: read the book!