user962305 wrote:Topology refers to the location of the nodes in the system and what partitions they contain. By knowing the topology, the client can contact the node holding the requested data directly.
Please, I would like to have an anwser to the following questions:
1) What do you mean by topology - when you say "the client driver maintains a copy of the topology?"
2) Does Oracle NoSQL Database works like client/server? Do we have to install the client on every PC which has to use the store? How do we do if we have a new PC? Should end users have a client on their PC? I don't really understand where the client should be installed.Any application which wants to use NoSQL Database needs to have the kvclient-M.N.P.jar in its classpath. This jar can be found in the KVHOME/lib directory.
3) You say: "The 30 replication groups are stored on 30 storage nodes, spread across the two data centers" Why 30 storage nodes? It should have been 90 nodes since we have a replication factor of 3.Can you tell me the location of the paper and what page you are referring to?
4) How can the client have the response to a read request? Is the client reading directly the answer from a log file on one of the replication node? The one on which read request has been forwarded?If a request has been forwarded, then the response is returned to the client through the forwarding node.
<< If a request has been forwarded, then the response is returned to the client through the forwarding node.http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/nosqldb/learnmore/nosql-database-498041.pdf
Subsection "Implementation" page 9 nearby picture "Figure 4: Architecture"
Thanks.Do you mean every node (including the client) can forward a request?
How does log-structured storage system helps in returning the response to the client?
user962305 wrote:You are correct. It should be 90 storage nodes. Thanks for pointing this out.
3) You say: "The 30 replication groups are stored on 30 storage nodes, spread across the two data centers" Why 30 storage nodes? It should have been 90 nodes since we have a replication factor of 3.