I am trying to install Oracle Portal 11G(22.214.171.124) on Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP2 (x64) including Oracle Weblogic, Oracle Internet Directory and Oracle Single Sign On.
Steps that I have performed -
1. Ran the RCU utility to create schemas for Internet Directory and Oracle Portal.
2. Installed Weblogic without domain (wls1035_oepe111172_win32).
3. Portal requires Oracle Internet Directory 11g (11.1.1) with Oracle Single Sign-On 10g (10.1.2.3) as per the installation guide for portal.
I downloaded Oracle Internet Directory 11g and installed without configuring it. But I am not sure about from where should we download and install Oracle Single Sign-On 10g (10.1.2.3)
Few questions -
1. Can Oracle Single Sign On be installed on Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP2 (x64) and does Oracle have SSO for 11G ?
2. My basic requirement is that I need to migrate existing WSRP based portlets from IBM Websphere Portal to Oracle Portal. Are there any other steps that would have to be performed or can be skipped as part of the installation ?
First, I would not recommend installing 126.96.36.199, go straight for 188.8.131.52. This can be done by installing the 184.108.40.206 software tree first and than patch it to 220.127.116.11 before you run the configuration wizards.
Second, the FMW 18.104.22.168 release is not supported with WebLogic 10.3.5. Should you decide to install FMW 22.214.171.124, you need to install WebLogic 10.3.4.
For your questions :
+1. Can Oracle Single Sign On be installed on Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP2 (x64) and does Oracle have SSO for 11G ?+
Yes, you can install it on Windows 2008 Enterprise SP2 x64 but it does not have SSO 11g. You need 10g SSO for this. Check Note 1069426.1 on the My Oracle Support website.
+2. My basic requirement is that I need to migrate existing WSRP based portlets from IBM Websphere Portal to Oracle Portal. Are there any other steps that would have to be performed or can be skipped as part of the installation ?+
I don't have any experience with this but I reckon you can deploy them in WebLogic and register them in Portal. You could even consider to set up a separate MIDDLEWARE_HOME with weblogic 10.3.5 on the same server or on a different server for the producers.
Thanks Erik.. I installed JDK 64 bit build 30 ,Weblogic 10.3.4, OID 11g and ran the SSO MRCA successfully.
However, when I try to install SSO 10g on Windows 2008 Enterprise R2(same machine where OID 11g is installed ) using Patch:9216420 as per Note 465847.1, the setup.exe crashes giving the following error -
Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: setup.exe_unknown Application Version: 0.0.0.0 Application Timestamp: 41d3d8b9 Fault Module Name: StackHash_1d27 Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 32312d31 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.274.10 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 1d27 Additional Information 2: 9632833d752e1efaf6b8d21e6511224b Additional Information 3: 4c95 Additional Information 4: 7c06a23c42d76a974a6a08a9087cf050