This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 22, 2011 11:02 AM by Frank Kulash RSS

HereStops after 1.sql file

869955 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello!
I have many .sql files, that i want to be launched one by one.
The fist one is 0.sql file:
@1.sql
commit;
@2.sql
commit;
@3.sql
commit;

When I launch it:
SQL>@0.sql
It execute @1.sql and all statements in that file completes successfull, and then I See again SQL>
3 Month ago, I used that structure for scripts and all was OK, all one by one was launched, but now, only first launched and ends.

I'm using Oracle 8i as on client on my side, but Server is Oracle 10g version.
Please tell me, how to create correct sql file, to execute many or multiple sql scripts.
Thank you.

This the video with a problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkTwKXDUMWk

Edited by: Sabutmaster on 22-Dec-2011 05:16
  • 1. Re: HereStops after 1.sql file
    Frank Kulash Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,
    Sabutmaster wrote:
    Hello!
    I have many .sql files, that i want to be launched one by one.
    The fist one is 0.sql file:
    @1.sql
    commit;
    @2.sql
    commit;
    @3.sql
    commit;

When I launch it:
    SQL>@0.sql
    It execute @1.sql and all statements in that file completes successfull, and then I See again SQL>
    3 Month ago, I used that structure for scripts and all was OK, all one by one was launched, but now, only first launched and ends.
    That works for me. Post a complete test case (say 0.sql, 1.sql and 2.sql) that people can run to re-create the problem and test their ideas.
    I'm using Oracle 8i as on client on my side, but Server is Oracle 10g version.
    You should install SQL*Plus version 10. Some features (like WITH clauses) won't work with the older client.
    If you're still using database version 8, then you'll need to keep SQL*Plus 8 as well. You can have multiple versions of SQL*Plus on the same machine.
    This probably has nothing to do with your current problem.
    Please tell me, how to create correct sql file, to execute many or multiple sql scripts.
    What you posted should work.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points