2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2012 2:26 AM by Samuel Rabini RSS

Issue in setting up a connection pool in Glassfish

Samuel Rabini
      Hello,

I'm having an issue in setting up a connection pool in Glassfish. Previously I did it succesfully when I installed Glassfish in a Windows Server machine, but now I'm trying to do the same thing on a Linux machine and it's not working.

Glassfish version is: Glassfish server open source edition 3.1.1 (build 12)

The machine is a AWS machine running Amazon Linux AMI

Oracle Database is Oracle 11g Release 11.1.0.6.0 - 64bit Production With the Real Application Clusters option

The Oracle client installed on the machine is Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production

Java version is: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_02-b13)

I've created the pool with the following options:

Resource Type: javax.sql.DataSource
      Datasource classname: oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource

And as additional properties (apart from User and Password) I put as URL jdbc:oracle:oci8:@EVOREAD

The TNS file is correct and I can connect without any problem using sqlplus. I already copied the ojdbc6.jar in the /opt/Glassfish3/Glassfish/lib folder and I already restarted Glassfish server. Basically I did all the same steps that I did in the Windows machine, but in the Linux machine I always receive the following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc11 in java.library.path no ocijdbc11 in java.library.path

I needed to create also a connection pool to a MySql Database and basically I did exactly the same steps (apart of course using all the parameters needed for MySql and the proper connector) and it worked immediately.

Anyone can help me?