This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 23, 2011 1:53 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Concurrent Manager/Internal Manager issues

720882 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We have 3 test enviorments on E Business Suites across 2 servers, one server is for the middle tier the second the database.

I have been trying to identify the cause of some strange issues where when you send requests to the concurrent manager the users recieve an error of no internal manager, how ever the concurrent manager is running, you can verify it from the System Administrator responsebility, the OAM dashboard shows concurrent manager as running and the FND processes are running.

Restarting the concurrent manager manually through the app or adm sql scripts does not resolve the issue. Only way to resolve it is to stop the middler tier, killl off any remaining FND processes at the OS level using kill -9 and then restart it once more.

Upon investigating the log direcrory $LOG_HOME/appl/conc/log I found the following errors and wonder if anyone could provide any advice on troubleshooting things further?

reports.log, REP-0004: Warning: Unable to open user preference file

One of the request files had the following tns connection closed error, at the time the request was sent the enviorment, listener and database was up so I am unsure why the request would not be able to connect to the database.
REP-0004: Warning: Unable to open user preference file.
REP-0501: Unable to connect to the specified database.
ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed

sqlnet.log, I presume this sqlnet is for concurrent manager connections only, its full of TNS connection closure messages as show below:

Version 10.1.0.5.0 - Production
Time: 19-DEC-2011 13:00:02
Tracing not turned on.
Tns error struct:
ns main err code: 12537
TNS-12537: TNS:connection closed
ns secondary err code: 12560
nt main err code: 507
TNS-00507: Connection closed
nt secondary err code: 0
nt OS err code: 0
  • 1. Re: Concurrent Manager/Internal Manager issues
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    Please post the details of the application release, database version and OS.

Did you run AutoConfig and cmclean.sql?
    reports.log, REP-0004: Warning: Unable to open user preference file

One of the request files had the following tns connection closed error, at the time the request was sent the enviorment, listener and database was up so I am unsure why the request would not be able to connect to the database.
    REP-0004: Warning: Unable to open user preference file.
    REP-0501: Unable to connect to the specified database.
    ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed
    Please see these docs.

Concurrent Processing - Concurrent Reports Failing With Errors REP-0004,REP-0082 and REP-0104 [ID 844976.1]
    REP-0004: Warning: Unable to open user preference file in default apps. [ID 1303903.1]
    Concurrent Processing - Concurrent Manager Failed to Run Any Request on Parallel Concurrent Processing Environment [ID 157078.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points