2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2012 4:15 AM by PierreL RSS

    EAIObjMgr misconfigured generates client timeout

    PierreL
      Sometimes on my production system, the EAI OM is spending too much time in the process "SessHello" (01min 46sec in the following exemple).

      At the client side, on the sweapp, this delay it is too long, it causes a socket timeout :
      SisnTcpIp SisnSockError 1 000001ec4ef420ec:0 2011-12-23 10:39:47 5920: [TCPIP-client] recv() failed for sd=2596 (err=10060 | Connection timeout.)

      When the EAI OM is ready to process, it detects that the client has timeout, so the connection closes prematurely.


      MessageFlow MsgFlowDetail 4 0002e7764ef420ec:0 2011-12-23 10:38:01 21892: ProcessSessHello(1) Sent Session Hello Acknowledge for task 20972415, pConn = 0x132c40c0, pErrStack = 0x0d5a1d40
      MessageFlow MsgFlowDetail 4 0002e7764ef420ec:0 2011-12-23 10:39:47 21892: ProcessMessage() worker will process 0x1492d948, pErrStack = 0x0d5a1d40
      TaskEvents SessionClose 3 0002e7764ef420ec:0 2011-12-23 10:39:47 Client closed session (taskId = 20972415)


      The two redundant EAI OM are configured with the following parameters :
      MaxTasks: 800
      MinMTServers: 2
      MaxMTServers: 5
      SessPerSisnConn: 5
      ConnIdleTime: -1

      Thanks for any help you can.
        • 1. Re: EAIObjMgr misconfigured generates client timeout
          PierreL
          I have set theses parameters :
          - MinMTServers = 8
          - MaxMTServers = 8
          But the problem is not resolved.

          Now, I have changed ConnIdleTime parameter on OMs to 1080 and the eapps.cfg SessionTimeout parameter to 960, the timeout parameter of the Alteon (load balancer) is 1200...
          • 2. Re: EAIObjMgr misconfigured generates client timeout
            PierreL
            There are various problems causing timeout of the client "[TCPIP-client] recv() failed", so I made a mistake :
            - The first one : delay when opening a new task on EAI OM causing client timeout was resolved with MTServers parameters.
            - The second one : client timeout after load balancing delay was resolved by setting corrects timeouts on OM/SWSE/Alteon.

            Now I have a third problem with Sisnapi open session timeout (SBL-SSM-00005) but the original problem is solved.
            Thank you!