3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2011 10:44 AM by jiyong RSS

How to do Color Coding in Siebel On Demand Calender.???

SyedAsif
      Hello,

Can any body help me in how we can do color coding on basis of priority in On demand calender.
      plz help asap.

Thank you

Syed Asif
        • 1. Re: How to do Color Coding in Siebel On Demand Calender.???
          jiyong
          I'm not sure if the On Demand Calender behaves the same as the normal calendar, but I have done something way back in Siebel 7.x.
          I created a calculated field and would render the text with an IIF statement and add the HTML color commands.
          You have to be careful picking the colors, as the text can be become hard to read.

I never got around changing the background color, only the color of the text itself.
          • 2. Re: How to do Color Coding in Siebel On Demand Calender.???
            SyedAsif
            Thank you very much

but can you telme more about the IIF statement for the color coding in On Demand.

Regards,
            Syed Asif
            • 3. Re: How to do Color Coding in Siebel On Demand Calender.???
              jiyong
              From the top of my head, something like this.

IIF([Priority]="High", "<RED>" + [Description] + "</RED>", IIF([Priority]="Medium", <YELLOW>" + [Description] + "</YELLOW>", <GREEN>" + [Description] + "</GREEN>"))

But I vaguely remember you could assign colors to fields in the Calendar, so I think I did something else.

I think I created calculated fields where only one would have text depending on the Priority.
              So let's say I created 3 calculated fields and added them all three to the calendar.
              Only fields that contain text will show up.

Calculated Field Description Red: IIF([Priority]="High", [Description], "")
              Calculated Field Description Yellow: IIF([Priority]="Medium", [Description], "")
              Calculated Field Description Green: IIF([Priority]="Low", [Description], "")

But I never worked with On Demand Calendar, so you have to check what works best for you.

You can also check: How to Configure Standard Applet "Activity HI Calendar Applet" so it Displays Icons or Different Colors to Reflect the Status of the Activities? [ID 1373880.1]

And it looks like you have more control in Siebel 8 (again, I never worked with On Demand, so you have to check yourself).
              Bookshelf: Siebel Applications Administration Guide -> Calendar -> Configuring the Calendar -> Displaying Fields, Colors, Drilldowns, and ToolTips