This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2012 6:53 AM by 753017 RSS

webutil.cfg for win-7 64 bit client

882670 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi all,
my application server is windows xp-32 bit. and oracle developer suite 10g and database server is oracle 10g
and myclient is windows7. and i have to open my project files of oracle forms/reports 10g throuh browse. for that i installed JRE, and made some changes in
developer_suite\forms\server\formsweb.cfg file
i.e
# System parameter: base HTML file for use with JInitiator client
baseHTMLjinitiator=basejpi.htm
now i can be able to run the project. but the problem with excel rwports ae not running,
while i am selecting the report type in forms as a excel the following error is coming,

oracle.forms.webutil.ole functions bean not found
client.ole2.create_obj will not work.
kindly help me how to resolve this problem
  • 1. Re: webutil.cfg for win-7 64 bit client
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    Although you can use a 64bit client with Forms 10, you must use the 32bit browser and 32bit JRE. Using a 64bit browser and JRE and attempting to use WebUtil will fail.

The second part of the problem specifically with using Win7 is that the JRE is not permitted to write to the "Program Files" directories as this is a restricted area. So when WebUtil tries to write the necessary files to the client it will fail similar to what you have described.

Refer to MyOracleSupport Note 783937.1 and 1188127.1

Also important to note is that using XP as a "server" is not at all supported. If you have any problems with this configuration, Oracle Support may not be able to assist you.

Edited by: Michael Ferrante on Dec 30, 2011 9:21 AM
  • 2. Re: webutil.cfg for win-7 64 bit client
    882670 Newbie
    i tried with that jre 32-bit and 32-bit browser. in this case i can't be able to run my forms
  • 3. Re: webutil.cfg for win-7 64 bit client
    Without specific details as to what you have done, what you are doing, what you are using, and what you are experiencing, I can't offer much more. As I mentioned, you should start by reviewing the notes I mentioned. You should also review the following:

http://blogs.oracle.com/shay/entry/10_commandments_for_the_otn_fo
  • 4. Re: webutil.cfg for win-7 64 bit client
    882670 Newbie
    in my earlier post i mentioned all the details. please refer it
  • 5. Re: webutil.cfg for win-7 64 bit client
    Actually, the details needed are not posted. Remember that there are many product versions which are represented by the same product name. "Forms 10g" is a product name and not a version. This is also true of operating systems. In order to guide you properly we need clear and complete details. This would include, but is not limited to at least the following:

1. The exact and complete product versions being used. For example Forms 10g could be any of the following:

<li> 9.0.4.0
    <li> 9.0.4.1
    <li> 9.0.4.2
    <li> 9.0.4.3
    <li> 10.1.2.0.2
    <li> 10.1.2.2
    <li> 10.1.2.3

All of the above versions were marketed under the same basic product name - "10g". The only slight difference is that the 9.0.4.x releases were refered to as "10g Release 1" and the 10.x releases were "10g Release 2". But without the exact version, we would have no idea if your issue was related to a commonly know defect or just a unique problem on your side.

Then you say " +...for that i installed JRE...+ ". Same problem. Exactly which JRE version did you install?

2. You further say " +i tried with that jre 32-bit and 32-bit browser. in this case i can't be able to run my forms+ ". What does this mean? You can't run your forms? Why not? Is there an error? Are you not permitted to run them with a 32bit browser and JRE? Please explain.

3. Did you read any of the documentation I recommended?

4. Are you properly exposing the webutil configuration to the form you are trying to run? Have you tried to use the default webutil configuration? For example, try running your form with this URL (replace the host and port and form name with your own):

http://host:port/forms/frmservlet?config=webutil&form=YOUR_FORM

5. Generally, a bean not found error results from the frmwebutil.jar file not being downloaded to the client. This can be determined by reviewing the java console after the failure has occurred. Have you don't this? The idea is to determine, while looking at the console, if frmwebutil.jar has been downloaded and if there are any references to webutil at all in the console. It might help to share that information with everyone.
  • 6. Re: webutil.cfg for win-7 64 bit client
    882670 Newbie
    thank you for your response,
    details are:
    first of all i am running the forms at application server system

operating system: windows 7
    Browser : IE 8(32-bit)
    developer suite(forms): 10.1.2.0.2
    jre(32-bit) :1.6.0_30

========================
    webutil configuration in formsweb.cfg
    ========================
    [webutil]
    archive=frmall.jar
    archive_jini=frmall_jinit.jar,frmwebutil.jar,jacob.jar,f90all_jinit.jar
    WebUtilArchive=frmwebutil.jar,jacob.jar
    WebUtilLogging=off
    WebUtilLoggingDetail=normal
    WebUtilErrorMode=Alert
    WebUtilDispatchMonitorInterval=5
    WebUtilTrustInternal=true
    WebUtilMaxTransferSize=16384
    baseHTMLjinitiator=webutiljpi.htm
    baseHTMLjpi=webutiljpi.htm
    baseHTML=webutilbase.htm
    lookAndFeel=Oracle
    =========================
    class path in default.env
    =========================
    CLASSPATH=F:\DevSuiteHome_1\j2ee\OC4J_BI_Forms\applications\formsapp\formsweb\WEB-INF\lib\frmsrv.jar;F:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\repository.jar;F:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\ldapjclnt10.jar;F:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\debugger.jar;F:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\ewt3.jar;F:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\share.jar;F:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\utj.jar;F:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\zrclient.jar;F:\DevSuiteHome_1\reports\jlib\rwrun.jar;F:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms\java\frmwebutil.jar;F:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms\java\frmall.jar;F:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms\java\jacob.jar;F:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms\java\clientfile.jar

===================================================================
    at the forms runtime when we are calling webutil besed application java console is showing these exception
    ===================================================================
    Live entry: key=http://sys25:8889/forms/java/,frmall.jar, refCount=1, threadGroup=sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ThreadGroup[name=http://sys25:8889/forms/java/-threadGroup,maxpri=4]
    Done

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.clientInfo.GetClientInfo
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.file.FileFunctions
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.host.Host
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.session.SessionFunctions
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.fileTransfer.FileTransfer
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.ole.OleFunctions
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.cApi.CApiFunctions
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.browser.BrowserFunctions
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.clientInfo.GetClientInfo
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.file.FileFunctions
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.host.Host
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.session.SessionFunctions
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.fileTransfer.FileTransfer
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.cApi.CApiFunctions
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.browser.BrowserFunctions
  • 7. Re: webutil.cfg for win-7 64 bit client
    Ok, so apparently you created a duplicate posting.

Refer to your other posting for future updates:

• 8. Re: webutil.cfg for win-7 64 bit client
    753017 Newbie
    You are getting this error for webutil.
    use webutil html page instead of base.

baseHTMLjinitiator=webutiljpi.html

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points