5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2012 8:46 AM by Jote RSS

Dashboard prompt with various filters, loosing what I've chosen, why?

Jote
      Hi
      Can anyone explain the following; say I have 2 prompts, Date and Store on a Dashboard prompt. When I choose a Date and then directly click on the Store prompt for some reason or another Date loses the value I choose and goes back to the default value. For it to stay I have to click on the background on the Dashboard Prompt and then click on the Store prompt. It’s like I have to confirm the Date prompt by clicking on the background. So say I have a massive dashboard prompt with 12 different prompts … well you can do the unnecessary maths.

What am I doing wrong?
        • 1. Re: Dashboard prompt with various filters, loosing what I've chosen, why?
          Hi
          Have you tested another browser ?

http://obiee.bi-online.fr/
          • 2. Re: Dashboard prompt with various filters, loosing what I've chosen, why?
            MuRam
            Hi,

Actually even we faced similar issue and when you refresh the page the issue was not found. May be this is a bug.

Regards
            MuRam
            • 3. Re: Dashboard prompt with various filters, loosing what I've chosen, why?
              Jote
              Yes we refreshed and everything but still it's there ... the wierd thing ... only sometimes, not all the time. So I cannot even point out excatly when it happens. All of a sudden I'm working with the prompts and if I don't press the white dashboard prompt background my previous choices are gone.
              • 4. Re: Dashboard prompt with various filters, loosing what I've chosen, why?
                Dhar
                Hi Jote,

Can you please let us know, if the second prompt is constrained by any chance? I remember seeing this kind of different behavior earlier once, where if the customer immediately clicks on the constrained prompt without giving it time to refresh its values based on the first prompt choice, the first prompt values are lost.

I am trying to relate this scenario of mine with yours in terms of clicking on the white background (I am just guessing that clicking on the white background in your case might be giving the second prompt the time to refresh itself).

Honestly I am sorry for asking this kind of clarification, but I remember seeing this kind of behavior sometime earlier.

Thank you,
                Dhar
                • 5. Re: Dashboard prompt with various filters, loosing what I've chosen, why?
                  Jote
                  Well yes ... the second ... or in my case the 4th prompt has a constrain, depending on the third prompt.

But ... I don't think this is the case. Why? Because I can click on the 4th prompt and see values and when I click on the 5th one then the problem occurs. The weird thing is that it not always occurs. I'm trying right now to reproduce it and cannot. Noooow they work juuust fine of course.
                  My 5th has a constrain depending on all prompts. This are some ridiculous choices really ... you either can constrain a prompt to only one prompt or ALL ... I would like to constrain P5 to P3 and P4 ... ONLY those 2.

I have the prompts lin this position:

P1 P3 P6
                  P2 P4 P7
                  P5 P8

So, that P4 has a constrain depending on P3. So I choose something in P1 and P2 ... yearmonth like 201012 ... go to P3, chose it, and I must click on the white background as the P3 drop down list gets on top of the P4 prompt ... so I really don't see how this affects it. I think is the first 2 prompts. they mus do something and they are not contrained in any form.