3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2012 8:49 AM by rdoogan-Oracle RSS

OSB connection problem

I am having problems with a particular client. I removed the host and tried to add it again. MKHOST does not complete "Info: waiting for host to update certification status..."

enabled debug on the client and admin server . The server is reporting the following error:

host hostname failed trust checks, component observiced on fd 9 - identity of host is suspect (OSB network security manager)

This client used to work without any problems....

Any ideas? there are no firewalls between the osb admin and client server...

Regards
        • 1. Re: OSB connection problem
          rdoogan-Oracle
          Check in /usr/tmp/observiced.log on the admin and the client to see if there are any clues. Check the time is in sync on both as that often can cause this issue.

Thanks

Rich
          • 2. Re: OSB connection problem
            date is in synch...

client observiced log file:

2012/01/03.15:11:51 Received request from supported client version 100300 for component obtool from host UUID=5a764f22-310e-102e-b8d9-dfce1af60819

admin server observiced log file:

2012/01/03.15:41:43 Received request from supported client version 100300 for component observiced from host hostname
            2012/01/03.15:41:43 host hostname failed trust checks, component observiced on fd 8 - identity of host is suspect (OSB network security manager)

No more info....(the fd value changes, sometimes its 8,9 or 10)
            • 3. Re: OSB connection problem
              rdoogan-Oracle
              I would say your client has problems checking its own hostname, and is "hostname" the actual system name? What OS is the admin server and client? Check the IP address matches what is configured for the host entry especially if your client has multiple IPs.

Thanks

Rich