my application server is windows xp-32 bit. and oracle developer suite 10g and database server is oracle 10g
and myclient is windows7. and i have to open my project files of oracle forms/reports 10g throuh browse. for that i installed JRE, and made some changes in
# System parameter: base HTML file for use with JInitiator client
now i can be able to run the project. but the problem with excel rwports ae not running,
while i am selecting the report type in forms as a excel the following error is coming,
oracle.forms.webutil.ole functions bean not found
client.ole2.create_obj will not work.
kindly help me how to resolve this problem
Although you can use a 64bit client with Forms 10, you must use the 32bit browser and 32bit JRE. Using a 64bit browser and JRE and attempting to use WebUtil will fail.
The second part of the problem specifically with using Win7 is that the JRE is not permitted to write to the "Program Files" directories as this is a restricted area. So when WebUtil tries to write the necessary files to the client it will fail similar to what you have described.
Refer to MyOracleSupport Note 783937.1 and 1188127.1
Also important to note is that using XP as a "server" is not at all supported. If you have any problems with this configuration, Oracle Support may not be able to assist you.
Edited by: Michael Ferrante on Dec 30, 2011 9:21 AM
Without specific details as to what you have done, what you are doing, what you are using, and what you are experiencing, I can't offer much more. As I mentioned, you should start by reviewing the notes I mentioned. You should also review the following:
Actually, the details needed are not posted. Remember that there are many product versions which are represented by the same product name. "Forms 10g" is a product name and not a version. This is also true of operating systems. In order to guide you properly we need clear and complete details. This would include, but is not limited to at least the following:
1. The exact and complete product versions being used. For example Forms 10g could be any of the following:
All of the above versions were marketed under the same basic product name - "10g". The only slight difference is that the 9.0.4.x releases were refered to as "10g Release 1" and the 10.x releases were "10g Release 2". But without the exact version, we would have no idea if your issue was related to a commonly know defect or just a unique problem on your side.
Then you say " +...for that i installed JRE...+ ". Same problem. Exactly which JRE version did you install?
2. You further say " +i tried with that jre 32-bit and 32-bit browser. in this case i can't be able to run my forms+ ". What does this mean? You can't run your forms? Why not? Is there an error? Are you not permitted to run them with a 32bit browser and JRE? Please explain.
3. Did you read any of the documentation I recommended?
4. Are you properly exposing the webutil configuration to the form you are trying to run? Have you tried to use the default webutil configuration? For example, try running your form with this URL (replace the host and port and form name with your own):
5. Generally, a bean not found error results from the frmwebutil.jar file not being downloaded to the client. This can be determined by reviewing the java console after the failure has occurred. Have you don't this? The idea is to determine, while looking at the console, if frmwebutil.jar has been downloaded and if there are any references to webutil at all in the console. It might help to share that information with everyone.
thank you for your response,
first of all i am running the forms at application server system
operating system: windows 7
Browser : IE 8(32-bit)
developer suite(forms): 10.1.2.0.2
webutil configuration in formsweb.cfg
class path in default.env
at the forms runtime when we are calling webutil besed application java console is showing these exception
Live entry: key=http://sys25:8889/forms/java/,frmall.jar, refCount=1, threadGroup=sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ThreadGroup[name=http://sys25:8889/forms/java/-threadGroup,maxpri=4]