This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2012 11:22 AM by DavidFarina RSS

Group Begin BOX function

DavidFarina Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I'm trying to develop a form with a group that contains a section with a trigger that repeat it as many times as it found the rows in the XML.I want to surround this group with a margin box. How can i do that?

I tried to use the GroupBegin Function Box but i got and error that it can not locate the box.

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    NirmalGarga Explorer
    Hi,

If you are using the Add group option in Documaker studio, you might get this kind of error. Please do try placing a box in one section and code GroupBegin and Box rules in this section and code all the Sections to be grouped under it and finally a section with GroupEnd.

Thank you.
  • 2. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    DavidFarina Newbie
    Thanks Nirmal,

Now i have other problemm, it doesnt work when there is group pagination... how can I fix that??

I tried adding a dummy section and coding GroupBegin GroupPagination but it doesnt work either.
  • 3. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    NirmalGarga Explorer
    Hello,

Can you please elaborate on how your form is designed like:

Section-1 : Header
    Section-2 : GroupPagination, MinImagesonCurrent:x
    etc.

Thanks.
  • 4. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    DavidFarina Newbie
    Here it is

Section 1. Box whith GroupBegin; Box(Margin(20,20,20,20))
    Section 2. Header
    Section 3. Rows with a trigger that repeat it as many times as is in the XML
    Section 4. Footer with GroupEnd

and it works fine until it need group pagination, when that happens it only print the top line of the box, leave a blank space and go to the next page

Thanks
  • 5. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    NirmalGarga Explorer
    Hi,

Actually GroupBox rule hasn't worked well when the Grouped sections span from one page to another. However, by seeing your form setup as illustrated below, I think you are trying to show a box like a page border based on the assumptions that you are enclosing the header and footer also within the Box. Am I correct in understanding?

Or do you mean Header and Footer using the SetGroupOptions?

Thank you.

Edited by: Nirmal Garga on Jan 3, 2012 11:43 PM
  • 6. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    DavidFarina Newbie
    Hi,

well i mean Header and Footer using the SetGroupOptions, but my goal is to show the box like a border of the form. Btw, that form also has a trigger because it could be repeated but with different data.

thanks
  • 7. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    NirmalGarga Explorer
    Hi David,

This is exactly one of the scenarios we face in our project too. Due to this limitation in the GroupBox, we made a work around solution. I am just illustrating what we did so that you may also try in your case.

There will be no use of GroupBox in this work around solution.

Section 1. A page size section with just the border. CopyOnOverflow option selected; placed at Abs+0,Abs+0 position
    Section 2. A custom size empty section (1 or 2 lines height) positioned at Abs+0,Abs+2400 FAPS for 1 inch Top margin or Abs+0,Abs+1200FAPS for 1/2 inch Top margin. CopyOnOverflow option selected.
    Section 3. Rows with a trigger that repeat it as many times as is in the XML; positioned at Rel+0,Max+0;

If it does show up some issues related to space in the top or pagination during multiple page scenario, try pushing Section 1 & 2 as Headers once ant give a try.

Thank you.

Edited by: Nirmal Garga on Jan 4, 2012 9:46 AM
  • 8. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    DavidFarina Newbie
    Hi Nirmal,

I already tried that, but i had some issues because the rows that are repeated as many as is in the XML are inside a group with the "Column" function (because i need to print it in two columns). Also, the page size section doesnt fit to the size of the form, and when there´s pagination, it is prited above the previous one.

Thanks
  • 9. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    NirmalGarga Explorer
    Hi David,

Please see if you can avoid using the Group column. If you are going to have only 2 columns, could you try to create the section with variables or text in appropriate positions using Text areas?

What I mean here is, handle the two columns using 2 text areas or using insert table with 1 row in the section. The above solution which I gave you has worked well for me. In fact we have implemented few forms in that approach.

Thank you.

Edited by: Nirmal Garga on Jan 5, 2012 10:02 PM
  • 10. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    DavidFarina Newbie
    Hi Nirmal

I also tried that but the issue is that the rows of the details sections are only one single tag in the XML that is repeated.

Thanks
  • 11. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    NirmalGarga Explorer
    Hi David,

Could you please share what kind of issue or problem you get. Because in my case, it is working fine; the only difference being that I am using a flat file extract instead of XML. In my case, I get repeating records in extract that determine the number of rows in the table.

Thanks.
  • 12. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    DavidFarina Newbie
    Hi Nirmal,

The thing is that in my XML I only have 1 tag with each detail, and i want to print it in two diferent columns like this.

Header Header

Detail 1 Detail 2
    Detail 3 Detail 4
    Detail 5

And i don't know how to print the first detail in the left and the second one in the right column. I tried using the text area with 2 diferents fields but i didn't know how to print them like that.

Thanks
  • 13. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    NirmalGarga Explorer
    Hi David,

Please try this approach so that you can stay away from Group pagination and Group Column.

1. In Section detail code 2 variables either using one or two text areas or a table with 2 columns, 1 row with each cell having a variable.
    2. At the end you will have 2 variables to code/ map. Use the GETRECUSED on both these variables with Record=1 in variable-1 and Record=2 in variable-2.
    3. Set Inovsym in the Section rule.
    4. Code the Section trigger with the record mask and number of records per overflow as "2".
    5. In afgjob, while using "SetOvFlwSym", set as below:

;SetOvFlwSym;1;<overflow symbol>,<section name>,2;

here, 2 stands for number of records per overflow section is 2.

Thanks
  • 14. Re: Group Begin BOX function
    DavidFarina Newbie
    Hi Nirmal,

Thanks, i'm trying to do that, but, where i have to use the GETRECUSED?? i can't find it. And can u explain a bit more the "SetOvFlwSym" please?.

Thanks
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points