3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2012 2:45 PM by Mark Kelly-Oracle RSS

EA 3.1 - Data Node Questions

Brendan
      I have the following questions regarding the Data and Model Nodes

1. Is it possible to define one table/view to be used in building the model(s) and a different table/view for testing the model.
      2. If we use the same table/view for the build and testing, can we see what data is being used for the build and what data is used for the testing
      3. For question 2, can we extact the data into another table etc
        • 1. Re: EA 3.1 - Data Node Questions
          Mark Kelly-Oracle
          Hi Brendan,
          See answers below.
          Thanks, Mark

1. Is it possible to define one table/view to be used in building the model(s) and a different table/view for testing the model.
          Answer:
          Yes. Just connect another data source to the Classification or Regression Build Node.
          The second DS node has a link labeled as Test. If you want to swap the build and test data source, then select the Build Node, right click to bring up the node context menu and select "Swap Data Sources".

2. If we use the same table/view for the build and testing, can we see what data is being used for the build and what data is used for the testing.
          Answer:
          No. The split data are temporary views. If you want to control exactly what data is used, then use your own test and build data source nodes.

3. For question 2, can we extact the data into another table etc
          Answer:
          See answer to question 2.
          • 2. Re: EA 3.1 - Data Node Questions
            Brendan
            Thanks Mark

I've jsut tried that out and it works well. An observation that I have is that when I create the second data source and connect it to the model node it defaults the label of Test on the connection.

When I do the swap data sources, the label changes to build.

I like this. But would it be possible in a future release of ODM to have both connector labeled ('build, 'test')

Happy New Year
            • 3. Re: EA 3.1 - Data Node Questions
              Mark Kelly-Oracle
              Hi Brendan,
              I will log this as an enhancement request.
              Thanks, Mark