2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2012 9:24 AM by bbento RSS

Problem with SortOrder at Interface Tables

bbento
      Hi,

I'm currently loading metadata into pcm using interface tables and I want to load it in the order that I have on a file. Unfortunately I have many thousand lines and Oracle SQL only makes a random insert.

So I thought use SORTORDER column in the HS_DIMENSIONNAME_HIERARCHY :

ALTER TABLE HS_DIMENSIONNAME_HIERARCHY
      ADD SORTORDER INTEGER;

Then, when I see the table the column appears to me like: SORTORDER     NUMBER(38,0) and I'm getting always the same error at PCM : "The source table 'HS_DIMENSIONNAME_HIERARCHY' contains an invalid sorting column. The column must be of the 'integer' data type."

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks a lot,
      Bruno
        • 1. Re: Problem with SortOrder at Interface Tables
          GregDill
          Hi Bruno,

That certainly seems like a misleading error message at best.

I'm not sure what version you are running but on 11.1.2.1 I was able to do the same successfully. I prefer to use the data types which already exist in the example tables Oracle delivers. Based on that I ended up with the following:
          SORTORDER NUMBER(38)

Regards,

Greg Dill
          • 2. Re: Problem with SortOrder at Interface Tables
            bbento
            After open a SR with Oracle I've been told to create the table again. The problem seemed to be relate with the column name.

I was using: SORTORDER NUMBER(38) and in order to PCM could identify it as an Integer i had to change it to: "SORTORDER" NUMBER(38) ...

Problem solved -.-