This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2012 6:48 AM by Yunus Simsek RSS

sqlplus Error

603456 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We experienced a power failure and now the database is down. We are running Oracle 11G. I am trying to bring it up but when I run the command sqlplu /nolog I get the following error message:

sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/lib/libclntsh.so.11.1

What could be the problem and how should I resolve it.

Thank you in advance
  • 1. Re: sqlplus Error
    643298 Newbie
    Make sure you have disabled selinux and specified oracle_home env variable.
  • 2. Re: sqlplus Error
    Yunus Simsek Newbie
    I did some research and came out with this.

The reason is that SELinux is running in “enforcing” mode. you can check that by checking it on file /etc/pam.d/login.

Here is the solution for that:

Oracle development has recommended the following workaround while they correct the problem:

Switch SELinux from the default “Enforcing” mode that it is running in, to the “Permissive” mode.

Commands, as root:
    ======================
    getenforce (returns “Enforcing”)
    setenforce 0
    getenforce (returns “Permissive”)

This allows SELinux to continue running, and logging denial messages, but SELinux will not actually deny any operations. Once Development has resolved this issue, you can (and should) return SELinux to the default “Enforcing” mode as follows:

Commands, as root:
    ======================
    setenforce 1
    getenforce (returns “Enforcing”)

Cited Source :
    http://oraclespin.wordpress.com/2009/04/28/sqlplus-error-while-loading-shared-libraries-u01apporacleproduct1110db_1liblibnnz11so-cannot-restore-segment-prot-after-reloc-permission-denied/]

Edited by: Yunus on Jan 30, 2012 6:48 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points