This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 1:08 AM by omnicom RSS

Mapviewer bug

omnicom Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Sorry to post again, but I need advice on this problem asap from one of the mapviewer gurus, any help would be fantastic.
Thanks Jon
Hi,

there seems to be a problem with ThemebasedFOI (when the objects are rendered as single-fois) in Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) . When moving the mouse over the map, the "hand"-cursor occurs everytime you enter the objects bounding boxes instead of its geometry bounds.

You can reproduce this behavior in mapviewer samples (e.g. Sample #5 "Theme Based FOI layer visibility" - Layer: "County population").

Currently we are using Mapviewer Ver11_1_1_5_B110527 as production version. As far as we know, the behavior is the same in later builds...

Does anyone knows whether this is a known issue or when/if it will be fixed?

Regards!
Dominik

in response to: grueningd Reply

I have the same problem. Our workaround up till now has been to uninstall ie9 and go back to ie8, however with the new pcs now coming with ie9 we cant do that. On a side note, with chrome and firefox and the same code, the foi doesnt become clickable at all - i.e. the cursor never changes to a hand and my on click event isnt fired. It would be great if someone could so what to do to get it working (in any of the browsers mentioned).
Thanks
  • 1. Re: Mapviewer bug
    omnicom Newbie
    I have found a workaround for this in google chrome (I havent tested firefox). If the theme has no info columns then it seems that any events attached to the themes cannot be fired. So I added a dummy info column to my theme and now the events work (such as on click, mouse move). This seems to be with the caveat that only one theme rendered at a time can have events, if I have two themes then i have to setVisible(false) on one for that theme to have events.

The problem with IE9 is still the same
  • 2. Re: Mapviewer bug / PNG trancparency problem
    TamasSzecsy Newbie
    The reason for this is that PNG transparency is not correctly managed by IE and it handled by using DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader. MapViewer is generating a code that uses is MS IE Specific function to load transparent PNGs correctly. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294714

Sadly enough with MS IE9 this method is depricated. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms532969(v=VS.85).aspx

There seems to be these options here:
    1. Downgrade to MS IE8. To be honest, I think it is not a real option, since most companies have an upgrade path / policy, keeping MS IE8 would mean a security issue.
    2. Hack the MapViewer Javascript / CSS files. Seems to be a dangerous thing to do, but perhaps as a last resort untill 3.
    3. Hope that Oracle will come out soon with a patch for this MS IE issue.
  • 3. Re: Mapviewer bug / PNG trancparency problem
    diegoweber Newbie
    Is there a solution to this problem?
  • 4. Re: Mapviewer bug / PNG trancparency problem
    Kenny Hanberg Explorer
    We used this workaround for the IE9 problem...

Use this metatag in the web page header on the page holding the div id=map
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />
    /Kenny

Edited by: Kenny Hanberg on Nov 20, 2012 2:09 PM
  • 5. Re: Mapviewer bug / PNG trancparency problem
    grueningd Newbie
    The issue seems to be fixed in latest mapviewer patch. For me it worked... Check metalink for the latest patches.
  • 6. Re: Mapviewer bug
    omnicom Newbie
    So it is. Thanks for pointing me to the patch

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points