0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2012 6:47 AM by 754633 RSS

weblogic thread model explanation

Good morning,

I have a few questions regarding Weblogic thread model for version 10.3.2.

Basically what I understood is:
      . Only one thread pool queue where work-managers pick up requests based on policy/priority. It's possible to know the current queueSize through the MBean "ExecuteThreadTotalCount". By default the max threadPool size is 400.
      -->What happens if we receive 500 requests? do the 100 remaining requests are counted as "Pending User requests"?

. In the official documentation, "StandbyThreadCount": returns the number of threads in the standby pool. Threads that are not needed to handle the present work load are designated as standby and added to the standby pool. These threads are activated when more threads are needed.
      -->What's this standby pool? I couldn't find find any definition about it in the doco (I've read the part explaining 'execute queue' and 'work manager')

.Finally I was browsing my Weblogic metrics through Introscope and in the 'threads' node information, I noticed some periods where the number of "active threads" is far higher that the Weblogic max thread pool size. I could understand that we could have 400 active threads for Weblo + several/hundreds other threads for the process itself but in my case I have for example 1700 active threads for an application EJB.
      -->First of all, what's an active thread? is it a currently running thread or a running/runnable thread? (basically not sleeping or waiting thread)
      -->How could I have more than my 400 active threads on an applicative EJB?

Thanks for your help