This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2012 6:10 AM by 912298 RSS

JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.

achie Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, we have recently installed Jdeveloper 11.1.1.5.0 and we are having an issue running the integrated weblogic instance.... When we execute the Start integrated weblogic instance, the errors below appear... any idea?

[Waiting for the domain to finish building...]
[03:53:29 PM] Creating Integrated Weblogic domain...
[03:53:46 PM] ERROR: An error occurred while building the default domain.
Please see this log file for more details:
C:\CSS201\workspace\system11.1.1.5.37.60.13\o.j2ee.adrs\CreateDefaultDomain.log
The Server Instance cannot be started because the Integrated Weblogic domain was not built successfully.

I have searched thru this forums and found several issues the same as mine, I have tried their solution but no luck for me.
I have done deleting the "system11.1.1.5.37.60.13" folder and restarting the the integrated server but still unable to make it run...
Is their any tips to consider? Environment variables? etc? thanks....
  • 2. Re: JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    Have you checked the log (C:\CSS201\workspace\system11.1.1.5.37.60.13\o.j2ee.adrs\CreateDefaultDomain.log)? What specific error do you see in the log file?

Timo
  • 3. Re: JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.
    achie Newbie
    Thanks Arunkumar for the info but I have tried that several times already, still have no luck. Renaming or deleting the DefaultDomain then starting the integrated weblogic in JDeveloper will only regenerate or rebuild the weblogic.
    But in my case, it doesn't help... I look on the logs and see this, have you or anyone have encountered it?

wlst > Creating Default Domain
    wlst > Reading template: /C:/mine/tools/oracle_111150/wlserver_10.3/common/templates/domains/wls.jar
    wlst > Error: readTemplate() failed. Do dumpStack() to see details.
    wlst > Problem invoking WLST - Traceback (innermost last):
    wlst > File "C:\mine\workspace\system11.1.1.5.37.60.13\o.j2ee.adrs\CreateDefaultDomain.py", line 31, in ?
    wlst > File "C:\Users\mine\AppData\Local\Temp\WLSTOfflineIni7295056813976828269.py", line 17, in readTemplate
    wlst >      at com.oracle.cie.domain.script.jython.CommandExceptionHandler.handleException(CommandExceptionHandler.java:51)
    wlst >
    wlst >      at com.oracle.cie.domain.script.jython.WLScriptContext.handleException(WLScriptContext.java:1538)
    wlst >
    wlst >      at com.oracle.cie.domain.script.jython.WLScriptContext.readTemplate(WLScriptContext.java:340)
    wlst >
    wlst >      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    wlst >
    wlst >      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    wlst >
    wlst >      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    wlst >
    wlst >      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    wlst >
    wlst >
    wlst > com.oracle.cie.domain.script.jython.WLSTException: com.oracle.cie.domain.script.jython.WLSTException: com.oracle.cie.domain.script.ScriptException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    wlst >

Thanks
  • 4. Re: JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.
    Arunkumar Ramamoorthy Guru
    Have you tried setting JDEV_USER_DIR env var as mentioned in that thread?

-Arun
  • 5. Re: JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.
    achie Newbie
    Yes i have tried that also, but I did not put it in the environment variables, instead it is in a command file... Still trying out things...
  • 6. Re: JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.
    912298 Newbie
    Hi, I checked my CreateDefaultDomain.log and it says the following (in spanish)

Log File: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Datos de programa\JDeveloper\system11.1.1.5.37.60.13\o.j2ee.adrs\CreateDefaultDomain.log
    Label: JDEVADF_11.1.1.5.0_GENERIC_110409.0025.6013
    Product Home: C:\oracle\Middleware\jdeveloper\jdev\
    Domain: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Datos de programa\JDeveloper\system11.1.1.5.37.60.13\DefaultDomain

"C:\oracle\Middleware\oracle_common\common\bin\wlst.cmd" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Datos de programa\JDeveloper\system11.1.1.5.37.60.13\o.j2ee.adrs\CreateDefaultDomain.py"
    Process started
    wlst > ""C:\oracle\MIDDLE~1\utils\config\10.3\setHomeDirs.cmd"" no se reconoce como un comando interno o externo,
    wlst > programa o archivo por lotes ejecutable.
    wlst > El sistema no puede hallar la ruta especificada.
    Elapsed time: 641 ms

The last line means something like: "the system can't find the specific path", the previous error line (before "Process started" line) says (I write down in upper case)
    ""C:\oracle\MIDDLE~1\utils\config\10.3\setHomeDirs.cmd"" IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE LIKE AN INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL PROCESS

I guess the error is inside the file "setHomeDirs.cmd". this is the content of the file:

@ECHO OFF

@REM Temporary workaround: normally use a hardcoded wls version (until the
    @REM installer can substitute it for us); but for now, need to work with multiple
    @REM versions. Choose the highest avail.
    IF EXIST "%MW_HOME%\utils\config\10.3.3.0\setHomeDirs.cmd" (
    SET WLS_VER=10.3.3.0
    ) ELSE IF EXIST "%MW_HOME%\utils\config\10.3.2.0\setHomeDirs.cmd" (
    SET WLS_VER=10.3.2.0
    ) ELSE IF EXIST "%MW_HOME%\utils\config\10.3.1.0\setHomeDirs.cmd" (
    SET WLS_VER=10.3.1.0
    ) ELSE (
    SET WLS_VER=10.3
    )

CALL "%MW_HOME%\utils\config\%WLS_VER%\setHomeDirs.cmd"

@REM Set common components home...
    SET COMMON_COMPONENTS_HOME=%MW_HOME%\oracle_common
    IF EXIST %COMMON_COMPONENTS_HOME% FOR %%i IN ("%MW_HOME%\oracle_common") DO SET COMMON_COMPONENTS_HOME=%%~fsi

Do you know where could be the issue?
    I need help, please!
    Thanks,
    :-)
  • 7. Re: JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    You can try to move the domain creation into a path without spaces in the name as this sometimes causes the error.
    Close JDev, set the environment variable JDEV_USER_DIR to a path without space in it's name, restart JDev and try again.

Timo
  • 8. Re: JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.
    912298 Newbie
    Hi Timo,
    I did what you told me, I moved the domain folder to: C:\DefaultDomain; and I set the var env as: JDEV_USER_DIR = C:\DefaultDomain. but I got another error:
    The log file has the following:

Log File: C:\DefaultDomain\system11.1.1.5.37.60.13\o.j2ee.adrs\CreateDefaultDomain.log
    Domain: C:\DefaultDomain\system11.1.1.5.37.60.13\DefaultDomain

"C:\oracle\Middleware\oracle_common\common\bin\wlst.cmd" "C:\DefaultDomain\system11.1.1.5.37.60.13\o.j2ee.adrs\CreateDefaultDomain.py"
    Process started
    wlst > ****** RECURSIàN DE ARCHIVO POR LOTES excede los l¡mites de la PILA ******
    wlst > Recuento de recursiones=1240,Uso de la pila=90 por ciento
    wlst > ****** SE ANULA EL PRECESAMIENTO DEL ARCHIVO POR LOTES ******
    Elapsed time: 5485 ms

after "Process started" line say:
    B A T C H R E C U R S I O N exceeds STACK limits ****** Recursion Count=1240, Stack Usage=90 percent ****** B A T C H PROCESSING IS A B O R T E D

:-(
    Do you know what another workaround can I apply?
    Thanks,
  • 9. Re: JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.
    Dariel Pérez Newbie
    Hi. Try this

1- Close JDeveloper.
    2- Remove the system11.1.1.5.37.60.13 folder, this will be created in step 3.
    3- Start Jdeveloper

I do that when my Integrated WLS it's realy bad, in my experice this reset the JDeveloper configuration and strat from 0, like a new install.

Regards
  • 10. Re: JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.
    912298 Newbie
    Hi, I tried with deleting the folder, but it doesn't work. The same error appear.
    Thanks!
  • 11. Re: JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.
    Vinay Agarwal Pro
    By any chance are you trying to run an app built with newer version of JDev (viz. 11.1.2.1 or so) on JDev 11.1.1.5.0? I am sure you are not. Can you try performing steps mentioned by Dariel again and try creating a new sample jsp in a new app and run?
  • 12. Re: JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.
    912298 Newbie
    Hi, I have 11.1.1.5.0 installed, I create my app on this version, but I'm trying to Inicialize the server (before to run the app, even before to open it), I do the following:

1st. Open the Jdev
    2nd. Select Start Server Instance from Run option

And I have this error message:
    [Waiting for the domain to finish building...]
    [10:18:54 AM] Creating Integrated Weblogic domain...
    The Server Instance cannot be started because the Integrated Weblogic domain was not built successfully.
    [10:19:00 AM] ERROR: An error occurred while building the default domain.
    Please see this log file for more details:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Datos de programa\JDeveloper\system11.1.1.5.37.60.13\o.j2ee.adrs\CreateDefaultDomain.log

The log file has the following:
    Log File: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Datos de programa\JDeveloper\system11.1.1.5.37.60.13\o.j2ee.adrs\CreateDefaultDomain.log
    Domain: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Datos de programa\JDeveloper\system11.1.1.5.37.60.13\DefaultDomain

"C:\oracle\Middleware\oracle_common\common\bin\wlst.cmd" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Datos de programa\JDeveloper\system11.1.1.5.37.60.13\o.j2ee.adrs\CreateDefaultDomain.py"
    Process started
    wlst > ****** RECURSIàN DE ARCHIVO POR LOTES excede los l¡mites de la PILA ******
    wlst > Recuento de recursiones=1240,Uso de la pila=90 por ciento
    wlst > ****** SE ANULA EL PRECESAMIENTO DEL ARCHIVO POR LOTES ******
    Elapsed time: 6219 ms

I already had this error before.

I set the env var JDEV_USER_DIR = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Datos de programa\JDeveloper.

Another thing, with JDev open, I go to IntegratedWebLogicSever properties and I do the test connection, and i got this error:

Testing JSR-160 Runtime ... failed.
    Cannot establish connection.
    Testing JSR-160 DomainRuntime ... skipped.
    Testing JSR-88 ... skipped.
    Testing JSR-88-LOCAL ... skipped.
    Testing JNDI ... skipped.
    Testing JSR-160 Edit ... skipped.
    Testing HTTP ... failed.
    Unable to open conection: Connection refused: connect
    Testing Server MBeans Model ... skipped.

0 of 8 tests successful.

This is related or the test connection works separately.?

Thanks for your help and your time!
  • 13. Re: JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.
    912298 Newbie
    Do you think I should uninstall Jdev and reinstall?

The integrated weblogic server should works even if i don't have any app developed, right?

Thanks!
  • 14. Re: JDeveloper Integrated Weblogic domain issue.
    Vinay Agarwal Pro
    you could give that a try.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points