This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2012 9:41 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Oracle R12 software for practice

909827 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
My friend is using a book to learn the Oracle R12 and she would like to practice working on the software.

Can anyone advice me how she can practice on Oracle R12. Is there any free trial software available?

Thanks

Edited by: 906824 on Jan 9, 2012 8:26 AM
  • 1. Re: Oracle R12 software for practice
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    You can download and install R12 software from Oracle e-Delivery website -- https://edelivery.oracle.com

If you need to do so, please provide the OS so we can provide you with the proper installation docs you need to refer to.

If you have a valid CSI number you could use Solution Beacon Vision Demo instances -- http://www.solutionbeacon.com/tool_vision.htm

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Oracle R12 software for practice
    909827 Newbie
    Thank you so much for your reply.

Operating system is windows xp 64bit.

I do not valid CSI number as currently a student learning from material online.

I Wanted to download trial version of Oracle R12 for practice as i work through the documentation.

Please do let me know if there free trial version that i can download.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • 3. Re: Oracle R12 software for practice
    909827 Newbie
    I could not find a trial version on edelivery website link.

Would you have any idea where i could download a free trial version for practice?
  • 4. Re: Oracle R12 software for practice
    Please do let me know if there free trial version that i can download.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
    From e-Delivery website, select "E-Business Suite" Under "Select a Product Pack" and your OS under "Platform" -- https://edelivery.oracle.com

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 5. Re: Oracle R12 software for practice
    I could not find a trial version on edelivery website link.

Would you have any idea where i could download a free trial version for practice?
    It is there -- Please see my previous update.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 6. Re: Oracle R12 software for practice
    909827 Newbie
    My laptop is windows 64bit. I could not find R12 under this operating system.

Although i did find under windows 32bit. - Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Media Pack for Microsoft Windows (32-bit)

I downloaded all four files below:-
    Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here (Part 1 of 4)
    Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here (Part 2 of 4)
    Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here (Part 3 of 4)
    Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here (Part 4 of 4)

Then i unzipped the files.
    Under each folder there start cd folder - installed the exe file from part 1 of 4, part 2 of 4
    unable to find exe file in part 3 of 4.

I am not sure i am doing the installation correctly.

I really appreciate your assistance. Thanks
  • 7. Re: Oracle R12 software for practice
    My laptop is windows 64bit. I could not find R12 under this operating system.
    What is the OS?

Oracle EBS R12 cannot be installed on 64-bit and you will have to install it on 32-bit (or install on 32-bit then migrate to 64-bit).

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Microsoft Windows Server (32-bit) [ID 761567.1]
    Migrating Oracle E-Business Suite R12 to Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 [ID 1188535.1]
    Although i did find under windows 32bit. - Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Media Pack for Microsoft Windows (32-bit)

I downloaded all four files below:-
    Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here (Part 1 of 4)
    Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here (Part 2 of 4)
    Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here (Part 3 of 4)
    Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here (Part 4 of 4)

Then i unzipped the files.
    Under each folder there start cd folder - installed the exe file from part 1 of 4, part 2 of 4
    unable to find exe file in part 3 of 4.

I am not sure i am doing the installation correctly.
    Once you install the right OS, please run md5sum to verify the integrity of the stage area directory.

Using Electronic Delivery With Rapid Install in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 406138.1]
    MD5 Checksums for R12.1.1 Rapid Install Media [ID 802195.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 8. Re: Oracle R12 software for practice
    909827 Newbie
    Ok Thanks.

My computer is windows XP 64-bit.

I presently don't have a computer with windows 32 bit operating system. I'll try and install on a windows 32-bit computer once i get hold of computer with required operating system.

I really hope that there was an easier way for me use EBS R12 GL module to practice.

Thanks

Edited by: 906824 on Jan 11, 2012 2:01 PM
  • 9. Re: Oracle R12 software for practice
    I really hope that there was an easier way for me use EBS R12 GL module to practice.
    There is no other way apart from the installation (since you have no CSI number).

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points