1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 11, 2012 6:59 PM by 261391 RSS

Virtual Servers will not start

I am having a problem when trying to start my virtual servers. I've installed the Oracle iPlanet Webserver7 on a new windows 7 machine. I have administrator rights on the machine. My admin server starts up fine without problems. I then create a new configuration and deploy it on default node. When I try and start the configuration/virtual server I get this error "ADMIN3584: Error while starting the server. Please check the server logs." There are no logs for that virtual server and the admin server logs has the following

[05/Jan/2012:15:38:40] info ( 5416): for host 10.201.0.112 trying to POST /admingui/admingui/startInstances, service-j2ee reports: Exception : ADMIN3584: Error while starting the server. Please check the server logs.
      [05/Jan/2012:15:38:40] info ( 5416): for host 10.201.0.112 trying to POST /admingui/admingui/startInstances, service-j2ee reports: Exception : ADMIN3011: The operation failed with errors on the following nodes:
      Node 'dfw-3dy45s1-fa-.forwardair.local':
      ADMIN3584: Error while starting the server. Please check the server logs.

that is it, nothing else. I've tried running the script as administrator from directly within the bin directory for the virtual server. I've tried starting it from the services console. All a no go. It will not start and it tells me nothing as to why it won't.

The truly frustrating part about it is, this same laptop, with the same OS image, is used by others within the office and their's start without issue. They have come over and tried reinstalling the iplanet server and configuring the virtual server the exact same way they did theirs and it still doesn't start. I've also tried running the install exe as administrator, and with and without compatibility set to Windows XP.

Any help or insight as to what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James
        • 1. Re: Virtual Servers will not start
          I believe, you are showing the admin server log.

server log means : https-<some_name_eg_hostname>/logs/errors

admin server log is admin-server/logs/errors.

You should see if you can start the instance directly without admin or not e.g. https-<node_name>/bin/startserv