1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 268 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 11:17 AM by n_shah18 Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
        Bob37
        Small thing, maybe even a bug, but during Drag and Drop layout on a form page, if a Page Item is set to Begin On New Field = No, it is always reset to Yes, which is an annoyance.
        • 31. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
          nssmanja
          Are you going to fix the bug# 13040672 in the 4.1.1 patch set release?
          And when you expect the 4.1.1 patch set will be available?

BR

Sasa
          • 32. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
            Rod West
            User roles in an application to make managing the components available to users easier and more flexible.

The steps would be:
            1. Create authorization schemes of type role
            2. Associate the schemes with components just like we do now
            3. Create a role within the application
            4. Assign role type authorization schemes to roles
            5. A role could be assigned to a user session using an API during authentication or at any point during the session

The user would then have access to the components through the role. A substitution string would be available for the current role to use in the page template, report queries etc. A new role could be created or updated without any change to the authorization schemes.

Rod West
            • 33. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
              trent
              Since everyone is mentioning bugs, i'll give this one a bump: BUG - Copy HTML region with items
              • 34. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
                Patrick Wolf-Oracle
                Hi Sasa,

I have been able to reproduce bug 13040672, but unfortunately not found a solution for it or identified the cause of it. It looks like a memory corruption in PL/SQL which I haven't been able to reproduce in a simplified test case for the PL/SQL dev team.

Still looking into it, but I don't think it's an APEX issue, more of a DB problem.

Regards
                Patrick
                -----------
                My Blog: http://www.inside-oracle-apex.com
                APEX Plug-Ins: http://apex.oracle.com/plugins
                Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/patrickwolf
                • 35. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
                  nssmanja
                  Hi Patrick,

have you seen the last post of another guy in our earlier conversation?

Re: Master-detail form problem after upgrading to 4.1

BR

Sasa
                  • 36. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
                    InoL
                    Coming from Designer/Forms development: LOV difference for Data Entry and Lookup would be nice to have.
                    See this thread:
                    LOV difference for Data Entry and Lookup
                    • 37. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
                      pchiu
                      I am coming from oracle forms too.

I would like to see

- Dynamic LOV support in tabular form. Right now, I have to code it manually. APEX 4 can do it in a normal screen, but not tabular form.
                      bump up the 100 items per page limitation

- Multiple tabular forms on a single page

- Multiple Interactive reports on a single page

- HTML5 chart instead of Flash. I want to access my APEX apps on ipad =)

- We have APP_PAGE_ID variable already. I would like to see something like APP_BUTTON_NAME. I have a function in button condition to determine whether we show/hide a button. The function takes page id and button name as parameters. Hence, it would be nice that we have APP_BUTTON_NAME instead of hard coding the name for every button condition function.

That is all for now, APEX comes a long way from HTMLDB to APEX 4.1. You guys did a marvelous job
                      • 38. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
                        Greg Jarmiolowski
                        Javascript validations
                        • 39. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
                          sky123
                          It is nice to see support of integration of Flash eLearning to Oracle database (or APEX)? I currently don't see any real solution to integrate Flash into Oracle.
                          • 40. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
                            sky123
                            Native support of saving hand signatures (HTML5 Canvas + Writing pad/tablet??) into BLOB in APEX.
                            • 41. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
                              scott.wesley
                              Adding classes to a region without having to modify the template.
                              shouldn't be able to do this using "region attributes"?
                              • 42. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
                                scott.wesley
                                User roles in an application to make managing the components available to users easier and more flexible.
                                Sounds like you could replicate this with authorisation schemes as they are, and using this API:
                                APEX_UTIL.PUBLIC_CHECK_AUTHORIZATION
                                Would be less convoluted.
                                • 43. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
                                  sky123
                                  I think many users will love this. Currently, when a user session expires (8 hours, by default), it will automatically return to the log-in page. Some users may have such experience as the following:

When he has finished entering a form with a lot of data, he clicks the "Submit" button to submit the form. If his session has already expired, whatever he has entered will be lost. In addition, he may think that it is an error of the system.

Therefore, it will be nice if there is a message indicating that the session has expired when it returns to the log-in page.

Thanks.
                                  • 44. Re: Apex 4.2 wish list
                                    Tyson Jouglet
                                    >
                                    shouldn't be able to do this using "region attributes"?
                                    >

If the class attribute exists in your template you have to create a second class attribute and some older browsers do not detect the second class attribute (IE7)
                                    1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next