This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 17, 2012 11:19 PM by 790993 RSS

ODQ Delimted loader connection validation issue.

867925 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am new to ODQ . I installed ODI/ODP/ODQ complete setup (Both Client & Server) at my personal laptop and started practicing the ODQ tutorial avaliable on oracle website. I login to metabase manger with madmin , created metabase oracledq , created the user demo and mapped it with the metabase oracledq and create a delimited loader connection to access files in a folder. I then logged in to ODQ Interface with demo user. All was well tell this point

To create entity , i selected the delimted loader , specified * as filter and enter username demo and its password in connection validation section , it failed on next button with error "Authentication failed. su: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password." I created a user demo on my machine with the same credentials as was defined in metabase manager and this time the error message changed to "Authentication failed. su: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer." I assigned demo user to administrator group , power user group and also give it full access on the directory in which i have the files but in vain .

I search the error and got a suggestion from a networking forum to install Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools and execute the following command
net user demo /active:yes
ntrights +r SeNetworkLogonRight -u demo
ntrights -r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight -u demo

But no sucess.

Kindly share if some one have the solution for this issues. Seems some access right issue which i am not able to fix

Thank in advance.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points