I am trying to install ODI 11g at my work place. Right now we only have one ODI instance which is being used for both production and development. This ODI 10.1.3 instance is obsolete and Oracle has stopped the support on that version. So we want to upgrade to 11g for both the environments. As I have never laid my hands on ODI installation, I have a few concerns -
A. Should we upgrade our current version and then migrate it to production ?
B. Or should we do a fresh installation of 11g on production server and just use clone copies of the current master and work repositories?
Thanks for any kind of help
These link might be usefull:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/core.1111/e16453/install.htm#CHDJCICJ ---> Whole Procedure
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14571_01/core.1111/e16453/installscrns.htm#CIHFEAFG ---> Images
Thanks everyone for your replies.
We went ahead with option B. However, during the installation, it gave is an error INST-07309. I am trying to put ODI username as SUPERVISOR and password as SUNOPSIS. It just doesn't seem to work. I read somewhere that I need to upgrade my RCU in order for this to work. But I am not even trying to run RCU. I am trying to install ODI 11g with existing repositories.
Any help would be appreciated.
As I mention, go with B option and below URL will helps you (hope *2nd Way* will resolve your issue) Appoach document for ODI 10g to 11 g migration
Please go thru below steps for *2nd Way*
1) Source env file from following (i.e source xxxx.env)
2) Change directory to bin (i.e cd bin)
3) To export the database schema run the following commands from the bin folder of Oracle database installation.
4) exp <master db username>/< master db password> FILE=<location>/master.dmp
5) exp < work db username >/< work db password > FILE=<location>/work.dmp
6) Move the master.dmp and work.dmp files to the server where database for ODI 11g is installed.
7) We need to Import the master and work repositories to 11g database.
8) To import the database schema run the following commands from the bin folder of Oracle database installation.
9) imp <MASTER REP DB USERNAME>/<MASTER REP DB PASSWORD> FROMUSER=<MASTER REP DB USERNAME> TOUSER=<MASTER REP DB USERNAME> FILE=< location >\master.dmp
10) imp <WORK REP DB USERNAME >/<WORK REP DB PASSWORD> FROMUSER=<WORK REP DB USERNAME> TOUSER=<WORK REP DB USERNAME> FILE=<location>\work.dmp