1 2 3 4 Previous Next 46 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2012 9:23 PM by 666373 Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
        Hello Mr. Hussein,

Thanks for your reply. I restarted the rapidwiz, now it is giving 3 database Availability errors (Earlier it was giving 4 errors). I tried to find out the log files, but it did not create new log files. The log files that are there i have already shared with you.
        Database Availability
        command: su oracle -c "/d01/oracle/StageR12/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/bin/riwTDBup.sh /d01/oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/VIS_anshrenu.env APPS/APPS"

riwTDBup.sh started at Wed Jan 18 01:38:46 EST 2012

Parameters passed are : /d01/oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/VIS_anshrenu.env APPS/APPS
        The environment settings are as follows ...
        ORACLE_HOME : /d01/oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0
        ORACLE_SID : VIS
        TWO_TASK :
        PATH : /d01/oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/perl/bin:/d01/oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/d01/oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/jre/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/d01/oracle/StageR12/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/unzip/Linux:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin:.
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH : /d01/oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/d01/oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/d01/oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/ctx/lib
        Executable : /d01/oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/bin/sqlplus
        riwTDBup.sh exiting with status 3
        RW-50011: Error: - Database ORACLE_HOME connection test has returned an error: 3 command: su appltest -c "/d01/oracle/StageR12/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/bin/riwTDBup.sh /d01/oracle/VIS/inst/apps/VIS_anshrenu/ora/10.1.2/VIS_anshrenu.env APPS/APPS"

riwTDBup.sh started at Wed Jan 18 01:38:48 EST 2012

Parameters passed are : /d01/oracle/VIS/inst/apps/VIS_anshrenu/ora/10.1.2/VIS_anshrenu.env APPS/APPS

The environment settings are as follows ...

ORACLE_HOME : /d01/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2
        ORACLE_SID :
        TWO_TASK : VIS
        PATH : /d01/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/d01/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/usr/bin:/d01/oracle/StageR12/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/unzip/Linux:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH : /d01/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/lib32:/d01/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/d01/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386:/d01/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/server:/d01/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/native_threads:/d01/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/sht/12.0.0/lib
        Executable : /d01/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin/sqlplus
        riwTDBup.sh exiting with status 3
        RW-50011: Error: - Apps ORACLE_HOME connection test has returned an error: 3

Thanks,
        Anshul
        • 31. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
          Also, when i try to connect to sqlplus it gives me following error -

ERROR:
          ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
          ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
          Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory
          Process ID: 0
          Session ID: 0 Serial number: 0

Thanks,
          Anshul
          • 32. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
            I was looking at the log files, in all the files where it says "ERROR", the reason is because of Network Adapter connection. And which i believe is because the wrong I.P address that i had in the hosts file? Is there anything else that would have caused this problem?

Would it be better to reinstall the Oracle EBS?

The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
            Connection could not be obtained; returning null

Thanks,
            Anshul
            • 33. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Anshul wrote:
              Also, when i try to connect to sqlplus it gives me following error -

ERROR:
              ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
              ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
              Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory
              Process ID: 0
              Session ID: 0 Serial number: 0
              This indicates that the database is down.

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 34. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                Anshul wrote:
                I was looking at the log files, in all the files where it says "ERROR", the reason is because of Network Adapter connection. And which i believe is because the wrong I.P address that i had in the hosts file? Is there anything else that would have caused this problem?

Would it be better to reinstall the Oracle EBS?

The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
                Connection could not be obtained; returning null
                If you had to fix the IP Address and the hosts file entry and the retry/restart option did not help, then clean your previous installation and start it again from the beginning.

Thanks,
                Hussein
                • 35. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
                  How do i clean the previous installation? Can i do that using the rapidwiz?

Thanks,
                  Anshul
                  • 36. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    Anshul wrote:
                    How do i clean the previous installation? Can i do that using the rapidwiz?
                    11i: How To Clean Up The UNIX Environment After EBS 11i Install Fails [ID 110372.1] -- It applicable to 11i and R12

Thanks,
                    Hussein
                    • 37. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
                      thanks so much. I will uninstall and install it from the beginning.

Thanks,
                      Anshul
                      • 38. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
                        Hello Mr. Hussein,

I was following the document you mentioned. but i am getting some errors while doing so -
                        while bringing the Applicaiton server down - i ran the following command after setting environment.
                        ./adstpall.sh APPS/APPS
                        adstpall.sh: Database connection could not be established. Either the database is down or the APPS credentials supplied are wrong.

And then if i run the following command to check if any of the process is up, it says invalid user -
                        ps -fu APPS | grep FND
                        ERROR: User name does not exist.

Could you please tell me where am i doing it wrong?

Thanks,
                        Anshul
                        • 39. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          Could you please tell me where am i doing it wrong?
                          Nothing is wrong and you can ignore this since the application services were not created yet by RapidWiz.

Thanks,
                          Hussein
                          • 40. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
                            And i guess i don't even have to bring the database and listener down as it was already down. Bringing the listener and database down gave me following error ./addlnctl.sh stop VIS
                            You are running addlnctl.sh version 120.1.12010000.2
                            Logfile: /d01/oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/log/VIS_anshrenu/addlnctl.txt
                            Shutting down listener process VIS ...
                            addlnctl.sh: exiting with status 1
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            [root@anshrenu VIS_anshrenu]# ./addbctl.sh stop immediate
                            You are running addbctl.sh version 120.1
                            Shutting down database VIS ...
                            SQL*Plus: Release 11.1.0.7.0 - Production on Wed Jan 18 20:21:46 2012
                            Copyright (c) 1982, 2008, Oracle. All rights reserved.
                            ERROR: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
                            addbctl.sh: exiting with status 1
                            ##################################
                            Then i tried to look for oralnst.loc file under /etc/ dir. but it was not there. There is no such file in /var/opt/oracle/oralnst.loc file.
                            #################################
                            Then i tried to look for oraInventory directory. I could not find any such dir but yes there is a directory called Inventory under $ORACLE_HOME. I am not sure if this is same? Following is ls -l on Inventory dir -
                            drwxrwx--- 13 oracle dba 4096 Jan 19 2009 Actions21
                            drwxrwx--- 10 oracle dba 4096 Jan 16 16:51 backup
                            drwxrwx--- 2 oracle dba 4096 Nov 6 2008 Clone
                            drwxrwx--- 142 oracle dba 4096 Jan 16 16:38 Components21
                            drwxrwx--- 3 oracle dba 4096 Jan 16 16:51 ContentsXML
                            drwxrwx--- 5 oracle dba 4096 Nov 6 2008 Dialogs21
                            drwxr-xr-x 5 oracle dba 4096 Feb 24 2009 globalvariables
                            -rw-rw---- 1 oracle dba 191 Jan 16 16:51 invDetails.properties
                            drwxrwx--- 2 oracle dba 4096 Nov 6 2008 make
                            drwxr-xr-x 27 oracle dba 4096 Mar 26 2009 oneoffs
                            drwxr-xr-x 111 oracle dba 4096 Jan 19 2009 Patches21
                            drwxr-xr-x 3 oracle dba 4096 Jan 19 2009 PatchSets21
                            drwxr-xr-x 10 oracle dba 4096 Jan 16 16:38 prereqs
                            drwxr-xr-x 30 oracle dba 4096 Jan 16 16:47 Queries21
                            drwxrwx--- 2 oracle dba 4096 Nov 6 2008 response
                            drwxrwx--- 3 oracle dba 4096 Jan 19 2009 Scripts
                            drwxr-xr-x 27 oracle dba 4096 Mar 25 2009 Templates

I am very confused after nothing matching with the document and not sure what should i do next. Please help. Thanks.

Thanks,
                            Anshul
                            • 41. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
                              Hello Mr. Hussein,

The Oracle has successfully installed. Thanks for your help and time.

This is what i did -

As nothing got installed with the initial configuration, i had deleted the VIS directory ( complete Oracle files) and ran the rapidwiz to install it from the scratch. It installed successfully w/o any problem.

Thanks,
                              Anshul
                              • 42. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
                                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                Anshul,

Glad to hear that!

Thanks,
                                Hussein
                                • 43. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
                                  Hello Mr Hussein,
                                  I need your help to fix the following problem i am having after the successful installation of ORACLE.

I am having a problem in while trying to start the APPS_VIS listener. Following is the log file -

LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 10.1.0.5.0 - Production on 21-JAN-2012 14:50:01

Copyright (c) 1991, 2004, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Starting /d01/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin/tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for Linux: Version 10.1.0.5.0 - Production
                                  NL-00280: Message 280 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=NL [d01/oracle/VIS/inst/apps/VIS_anshrenu/logs/ora/10.1.2/network/apps_vis.log]
                                  NL-00278: Message 278 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=NL
                                  SNL-00
                                  Listener failed to start. See the error message(s) above...
                                  01/21/12-14:50:01 :: adalnctl.sh: exiting with status 1

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
                                  Anshul
                                  • 44. Re: Oracle EBS 12.1.1 Installation - Database Post installation Error
                                    Still having some issues with the installation.