5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2012 8:02 AM by 880870 RSS

Problem creating login page in portal webapplication

Hi all,

I have been working with ADF for quite some years. Now, I have found webcenter portal on my path.
      I'm telling you this is square one all over again.......trying to figure out why the most simple things do not work like they should. like this one
      I'm on a project that has to build a new portal application. when you start it, you should be taken to a page where you have to log in.
      This is the only public page in the portal app. after logging in, you will see the start page of the portal app. From here you can go to other pages through a menu tree on the left side of the page (=within the page template).
      Anyway, I seem to no even get this to work........
      I have made two pages. a loginPage and a landingPage. I know you get a login.jspx and a home.jspx for free, but I want to make my own since I had problems attaching my custom pagetemplate. Some other thing that doesn't work........
      Anyway, I have made these two pages within the faces-config.xml I have tied the login_success action to my landingPage and the logout_success to the loginPage. I have also altered the login.html to redirect to my loginPage.jspx instead of the login.jspx On the loginPage Ideally, I would like to drag a login taskflow with a page-fragment where I have two inputfields and a button, which are connected to the o_w_s_l_LoginBackingBean. But that is for later, since it doesn't even work when I have put those two inputfields and button directly on my loginPage.jspx
      I have tried several different configurations using both the pages.xml file and the jazn-data.xml, but to no avail.
      What am I doing wrong? in the pages.xml, what should be the one with home as it's id? should both the loginPage and the landingPage be in there?
      Even when I manage to get the loginPage first at startup, the button (who's action is pointing to the doLogin of the o_w_s_l_LoginBackingBean) does nothing. Also nothing in the logs.
      Can anyone please tell me how I can get this to work?
      thanks a lot in advance.....
        • 1. Re: Problem creating login page in portal webapplication
          Hoque
          Hi fisherman,

custom login page can be created and it can be used in your custom template by simply creating your own login class :o_w_s_l_LoginBackingBean instead of using the default one.

otherwise the second type of solution is :

create a subform and write the following type of code in your jspx/jsff page.

<af:subform id="sub_id">

<af:panelFormLayout id="pt_pfl1" >
          <af:panelGroupLayout id="pgl1" layout="vertical" >
          <table>
          <tr>
          <td width="50%">
          <af:activeOutputText value="username"
          id="aot199"/>
          </td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td width="50%">
          <af:inputText id="pt_it1" simple="true"
          value="#{o_w_s_l_LoginBackingBean.userName}"
          />
          </td>
          </tr><tr>
          <td width="50%">
          <af:activeOutputText value="password"
          id="aot198"/>
          </td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td width="50%">
          <af:inputText id="pt_it2" simple="true"
          value="#{o_w_s_l_LoginBackingBean.password}"
          columns="30" secret="true"
          />
          </td>
          </tr>
          </table>
          </af:panelGroupLayout>
          </af:panelFormLayout>
          <af:spacer width="3" height="3" id="pt_s2"/>
          <af:panelGroupLayout id="pt_pgl14" layout="horizontal" halign="end" >

<af:commandButton id="pt_logincb"
          action="#{o_w_s_l_LoginBackingBean.doLogin}"
          >
          </af:commandButton>

this is a sample code,may be some errors are present.but it should work definity if you mention the login success page in faces-config.xml.

Hope ,it will help you.

Regards,
          Hoque
          • 2. Re: Problem creating login page in portal webapplication
            Thanks for your reply Hoque......
            At this moment the workings of the o_w_s_l_LoginBackingBean are not really the problem.............yet.
            I know that when you generate a standard portal app, you get the home and login pages for free.
            This login page works. The only problem now is that, at the moment of starting up the application, I want to have the login page displayed first.
            After you have entered your username and password, you should be taken to the home page. So in my faces config I have connected the login_success action to my home page. On the home page, when clicking the logout link, you should end up on the login page again. To accomplish this, I have connected the logout_success action to my login page.
            The problem here is that when I'm trying to run my application, I'm getting a Error 404--Not Found page. So, my guess is that there is something wrong in the pages.xml file or the jazn-data.xml (or both), but I cannot figure out what. I have tried a lot of different scenario's with these two files, but nothing helps. At this stage, I have not even tried to use the o_w_s_l_LoginBackingBean.
            I hope you also have an answer to this......

Regards,
            Arno
            • 3. Re: Problem creating login page in portal webapplication
              Hoque
              Hi fisherman,

if you want to show the first page while running the application do the below mentioned steps.

1)there is a file : index.html where you have to mention the first page .index.html is located at /web content folder.
              in index.html write the following codes
              <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=./faces/pages_firstpage" />

2)add all the pages in pages.xml.

3)in faces.xml

<navigation-rule>
              <from-view-id>*</from-view-id>
              <navigation-case>
              <from-outcome>login_success</from-outcome>
              <to-view-id>/pages_login</to-view-id>
              <redirect/>
              </navigation-case>
              <navigation-case>
              <from-outcome>logout_success</from-outcome>
              <to-view-id>/pages_logout</to-view-id>
              <redirect/>
              </navigation-case>
              </navigation-rule>

(provided if you are using pages.xml only.if you use navigation.xml for navigation then change the view-id's according to your navigation.xml).

Hope,it will resolve your problem.
              • 4. Re: Problem creating login page in portal webapplication
                Hi Hoque,
                Thanks for your efforts. have found an alternative that works and is acceptable.
                I'm now using only one page, so, I'm leaving the initial settings in my faces-config fils as they were when generated.
                I have dragged two taskflows to the home page. one with the login fiields and the other is the landing page.
                I´m showing them depending on if you are logged in or not. Also, the landing taskflow doesn´t have grants to the public role. The login TF does.

Greets,
                Arno
                • 5. Re: Problem creating login page in portal webapplication
                  found a workable alternative.